What is VEED.IO?
VEED.IO is an online video editing platform that makes creative videos easy and accessible to all. Our platform is used by millions of creators around the world who use our products to tell stories, create content, grow audiences and more (hey, you might even know some of them!).
Since 2018 Veed has grown from $0 to $5M ARR in a highly competitive market. We may be bootstrapped, but we have venture scale dreams. We are now one of the most popular video editing applications in the world. As our user base grows so does our talented team and we are excited to launch our first in house recruitment role!
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone to help us drive our growth, today we are 57 and by the end of the year we would have doubled our headcount. We’re a company that celebrates diversity represented by team members in 6 out of 7 continents. Our team is our best asset, we are smart, energetic, extremely talented and driven. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we all love what we do.
In this role you will lead our recruitment strategy, building our hiring process and employer brand to attract the greatest talent to VEED.IO. You will be someone who can work independently, form good relationships with key stakeholders and create an unparalleled candidate experience. We’d love to see previous in-house recruitment experience with a focus on tech roles in a start-up environment.
What will you be doing?
● Lead the designing and building of a scalable payments system for VEED
● Make tradeoffs between consistency and availability when both are not possible
● Work closely with cross functional teams and senior leadership to form VEED’s payments strategy and understand customer requirements
● Advise senior leadership on the payments strategy VEED should implement and key technical considerations
● Implement software best practices
● 1 to 5 years of experience working in a payments team in a scaling product company
● 5+ years of experience in an engineering role at a high growth startup or large company with a reputable engineering team
● Proven track record in software engineering or computer science, with university qualifications
● Ability to design technical architectures from scratch
● We care about how we write our code, so we are looking for someone who is comfortable going through code reviews, knows or would like to learn about testing their code and make it more performant.
● Have a startup mentality. Be a problem solver.
● Have good communication skills and are a team player who is happy to lend a hand if someone gets stuck.
● Someone who can roll up their sleeves and jump on different things. Building a simple online video editor isn’t always so simple, so we want someone who is not scared of a challenge.
What makes us special?
Our entire team is remote (and always has been). We are happy as long as you’re happy. You will have the freedom and autonomy you need to make decisions and do your best work. We offer unlimited holidays, flexible working and the chance to work with a truly talented and super friendly team!
Work from home with your dog?
Work in a cafe?
Need a few days off?
Swap a weekday for a weekend?
Working a half-day?
All of the above is 100% good for us!
OH one more thing! We would really encourage applications from ALL candidates. Our team is diverse in every way possible and we want to keep it that way 🙂