RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open source data science platform, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means.
Founded in 2009, our team has grown steadily over the last several years with the release of new products and a widening base of both enterprise customers and open-source users. We are currently an organization of ~225 people, distributed across the United States, Canada, Europe, and Australia, and we expect to continue growing in the year ahead. To help us manage the needs of our expanding team, we are seeking a Payroll Specialist to join our People Operations team (currently 7 people). This is a remote position reporting to our Payroll & Benefits Partner.
What you’ll be doing:
- Preparing and processing multi-state payroll (Paycor) for ~200 US employees
- Coordinating pay administration for ~25 UK, EU, and Australian employees via international PEO provider (Velocity Global)
- Analyzing current payroll and tax procedures and regulations in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
- Collaborating with peers to improve employee onboarding/offboarding processes
- Responding to payroll-related inquiries and resolving concerns
- Performing account balance and payroll reconciliations
- Acting as a subject matter expert and/or resource to team members in the area of payroll processing
- 3+ years payroll administration experience within a company of at least 100 employees
- Knowledge of US HR compliance policies and procedures
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local labor laws
- Able to maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues, vendors, and other stakeholders
- Enjoy working in a collaborative and dynamic team environment
- RStudio is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a Certified B Corporation®, which means that our open-source mission is codified into our charter, and that our corporate decisions balance the interests of the community, customers, employees, and shareholders.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- Home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- Annual bonus plan
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.