We are currently looking to welcome a Payroll Specialist to the EMEA Payroll team consisting of 2 Payroll Specialists and reporting into the EMEA Payroll Manager. You will be responsible for the preparation and processing of payroll in-house for our Europe-based employees within the BeNeLuX region. As a Payroll Specialist, you ensure the highest standard of payroll services; meaning accurate processing and recording of the company’s payroll and provide timely, accurate financial information within a global and dynamic environment.
A successful team member demonstrates the ability to work independently while being a strong contributor to our People and Culture (HR) team. Interpersonal skills, good communication, and the proven ability to work accurately within tight deadlines and a strong focus on results are a must.
What you’ll be doing:
- The maintenance and preparation of payrolls.
- Data validation and resolving discrepancies within tight deadlines;
- Manage relationships with various global payroll providers with focus on the accuracy and timely receipt of payroll reports;
- Coordinate payroll approvals & funding instructions with the Finance team;
- Prepare monthly payroll reconciliations, journal and accrual reports;
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations and company policies;
- Attend to payroll specific queries from employees;
- Reply to tax notices, wage orders, unemployment claims, government correspondences, and verification of employments for international entities;
- Stay up to date with local payroll regulations;
- Support the Finance teams with month-end close and reporting activities;
- Support various internal and external audits;
- Provide payroll feedback and data when required to support ongoing HR projects;
Who you are:
- Degree in Business Management, Accounting or similar focus
- Payroll experience for the BLX Region;
- Experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders such as other HR functions, employees, and local payroll providers;
- Excellent communications skills in English and Dutch;
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as a team member;
- Ability to take ownership of payroll processes;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask;
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Versatility, flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to the latest guidelines/changes from Lightspeed
Even better if you have…
- Experience with Workday
- Written and spoken German language skills
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience…
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy these extras that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment (both hours and location!).
- Lightspeed PX (People Experience) – choose where you work for up to 2 months a year
- Health & wellness benefits of 400€ annually, as well access to our mental wellness app
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Paid parental leave, volunteer day(s), and a generous vacation day allotment
- Employee referral program
- Additional benefits may be provided depending on location
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed’s one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.