Guusto is on a mission to rid the world of bad workplace culture!
We help HR leaders build employee recognition programs so their people feel appreciated, engaged and inspired.
We are on an exciting trajectory, having seen over 300% growth in 2020 and are now the #1 highest rated recognition and rewards platform on G2 with 1500+ 5 star reviews. We power programs for thousands of clients like Levi’s, Harvard, Raptors, Fairmont and more.
As a member of our People team, you can expect to work with some amazingly talented people invested in your growth and development. The People team at Guusto is at the heart of everything we do, and as an HRTech company, we take culture and our employee’s wellbeing seriously. Our People team is central to ensuring we are always moving forward, improving our current processes, and supporting our teams.
- Salary: $40,000-60,000
- Job Type: FT
- Remote: Hybrid (Based in Vancouver)
- Health and Mental Wellness Benefits
- Employee Health and Wellness Spending Account
- Annual Home Office Budget
- Annual Learning & Development Budget
- Team Recognition Budget
- Unlimited Vacation & Personal Leave (2 Weeks minimum)
- Company Laptop
- Amazing team to work with
In your first 3 months, you will…
- Meet with different department leads, managers, and multiple members of the Guusto team to ask questions, learn how we operate as an organization and how the People team can best serve everyone in the organization
- Review our different policies and procedures around recruitment, interviewing, remote-work, and performance management
- Start managing and ensure data integrity in our HRTech stack (Collage, BreezyATS, Google Docs, Afino) and look for ways to increase efficiencies the various systems we use on the people team
- Manage our Collaboration Space located at 1155 W Pender St. Vancouver, BC.
- Become a central point of contact and support for the Guusto team across all departments
In your first 12 months, you will…
- Become a leader and manage your projects and see them to completion
- Assess our current HRTech stack and propose areas for improvement
- Run vendor assessment for new HRTech vendors to better serve our team
- Work with our Social Committee to run our monthly team days and create opportunities for our team to connect and have fun virtually or in small group settings
- Run all recruitment efforts and work closely with our Hiring Managers to assess their needs for hiring new roles
- Be responsible for our candidate experience scores and find ways to improve and execute on an exceptional candidate experience
- Own our employee onboarding, and ensure all new team members have the tools and equipment they need to be successful starting on their first day. You’ll handle the coordination of discovery meetings and work closely with team leads on developing a plan for their first 30, 60, 90 days
- Contribute to our Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI) initiatives and propose new ideas, projects, and plans to help make Guusto an inclusive and equitable workplace.
- Assess and create a more accessible process that makes it easy for employees to access the People team and build a system around employee requests
As a collaborative and small team, we are looking for someone who wants to make an impact and contribute to a small team that is central to our success. This role has a lot of room for growth and advancement and will become a leader at Guusto as we continue to build out the People team and expand our business.
What to Expect
- Application: your profile and resume will be reviewed within 72 hours, and you’ll hear back from us no matter what (no ghosting!). We aim to respond to every applicant within five business days.
- Zoom Interview: a 45-minute call with Noah (Head of People) to discuss your background, Guusto, the role, and answer your questions about the team and growth trajectory.
- Scenario Project: we ask all candidates to complete a take-home project that will take no more than 2 hours to complete
- Panel Interview: a 60-minute call with Skai (cofounder) and Gurleen (Accounting Manager) to discuss how this role will support other teams and give you an opportunity to ask questions of other team members
- Final Interview: a 30-minute call with Joe (Cofounder) to learn more about the Guusto story, our commitment to creating an amazing place to work and answer any final questions.
- Reference & Background Check: At this point, we will ask for some references to call and will send over a background check as part of our due diligence.
- Offer: Ideally, this is the part where we make the offer, you accept, and we all celebrate!
Additional Application Information
This role is based in Vancouver, BC. We will need someone to manage our collaboration space located at 1155 W Pender St. We are a remote-first organization, and the rest of our team is distributed across Canada.