At Teachable we empower creators to transform their knowledge into income. To accomplish this, our products enable individuals and small businesses to create, host and sell online courses and coaching. We have over 40,000 subscribers teaching a diverse array of topics, ranging from crafting to card tricks to coding, who have collectively earned over $1.5 billion through Teachable. Fifty million people worldwide consider themselves to be creators. More than two million people earn enough from their passion projects to consider it their full-time income. The rise of the creator economy means more people than ever want to share what they know and monetize it. Teachable is poised to offer best-in-class solutions to this ever-growing market.
In 2020, Teachable was acquired by Hotmart Company, a global leader in the Creator Economy with a shared mission of empowering creators to live out their passions. With offices in eight countries and more than 35 million users worldwide, Hotmart’s partnership ensures our creators—current and future—have access to best-in-class technology tools, so they can scale their online businesses with ease and truly make an impact on their students’ lives.
We’ve built a talented team of over 200 employees across New York City, Durham, Las Vegas, and beyond and operate in a hybrid/work-from-anywhere model (though our NY headquarters is optionally open for anyone comfortable coming in). We continue to hire rapidly, and are looking to expand the People Business Partner (HRBP) function to support the scale, growth, and development of our employees, managers, and leaders. This People Business Partner (Manager level, DOE) will support organizational design, goal-setting, change management, workforce planning, leadership and career development, and strategic people initiatives across our Business functions including Revenue (Sales, Customer Success, Customer Operations, Revenue Operations), Marketing, Finance and Legal.
In this role, you will work closely and partner with specific business units to understand their work processes, products, workflows, and business goals and align people practices to support those teams in achieving company objectives while also supporting people & culture strategies around employee retention, engagement, and performance goals.
As part of Hotmart, our parent company, this role will also support leadership from Brazil and Amsterdam on key people initiatives that support our US-based team. This role reports directly to the Director of People.
What You’ll Do:
- Take an integrated but consultative approach to partnering with departmental leaders and people managers in designing organizational structures that support our scale-up both domestically and internationally
- Partner with Director and VP of People to support organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, performance feedback, and skills assessment
- Partner with our Brazil-based Talent team and business leaders on global initiatives that impact our US-based employees
- Support functions with change management and accelerate change to meet business objectives
- Partner with Director and VP of People to support performance management for the Business organization by supporting training, coaching, and calibration practices with leadership with follow-up support on development plans and career paths
- Create bespoke People development tools and templates that cater to the needs of teams while maintaining a centralized process for key People/HR initiatives across all teams
- Maintain and share data and metrics around people performance, employee engagement scores, with your client group managers and leaders
- Roll out people processes including performance management, compensation planning, and career development programs to your client groups
- Partner with managers on performance improvement initiatives, career development action plans, training initiatives, conflict resolution, and other employee concerns
What We’re Looking For:
- 6+ years of experience in a People/HR role across specialty areas that include (but are not limited to) a former HRBP role, compensation & benefits, organizational design/development, talent development, employee engagement, and/or change management
- Comfort and interest in working with international employees and operating in a matrixed organization supporting leaders overseas
- Empathetic, energetic, and engaging attitude–connecting with employees in a way that creates trust, support, and positivity
- High level of integrity–maintaining confidentiality and privacy protection for all employee and company data and information
- Proactive, solutions-oriented, and detail focused–you look to fix and support and keep accurate records and documentation at all times
- Eager, self-driven learner who is looking for an opportunity to shape best practices in a growing organization and People team
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Experienced with: G-Suite, Microsoft Office, Slack, Zoom, and HR systems such as Lattice and BambooHR
- Deep passion for creating learning and development opportunities for your client group
- Advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace
- Eloquent speaker who is able to share detailed processes in simple terms at an all-hands/town hall level
- Thoughtful partner to the department leads and managers in all their people related matters
- Business-minded to make sure people decisions are strategic and help serve company goals
- People-minded to make sure we continue to create a great place to work
- Experience in global companies and aligning people practices at an international level
- Ability to speak another language such as Spanish or Portuguese is a plus
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we’ve raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We’re in an exciting growth phase and we’re continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won’t hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you’ll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable operates under a hybrid work model, meaning we give our employees the flexibility to work from home or from one of our offices at their leisure.
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we’re committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.