We’ve been growing rapidly since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, and after recently closing our Series B funding round, are now in hyper-growth. Our teams are diverse, fully distributed, and with no offices – we are looking for team members who are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in the United States.
What You’ll Do
You will help deliver a fantastic team member experience and execute on People Operations processes and programs while Shogun is going through rapid growth. Your aim will be to drive efficiency and effectiveness while always keeping our values and team member experience in mind.
In this role you will…
- Execute our onboarding processes and make changes to our onboarding program to create the best welcome experience for new Shogies
- Own data changes in our People systems, such as adding new hires, processing manager changes, etc.
- Be the first point of contact for Shogie questions and escalate issues to other members of the People team as needed
- Partner closely with the Senior People Operations Manager and People Operations Analyst to execute operational processes and services with a focus on team member experience and data integrity
- Participate in People system testing tied to new programs, systems, or process rollouts
- Support reporting, auditing, and data initiatives
- Own Tier 1 compliance needs in our fully remote, global work environment
- Identify and drive process improvement efforts, including leveraging systems and tools to automate and eliminate manual work where possible
- Partner on other special projects and duties as Shogun continues to grow and scale
- 6 months or more of HR or Recruiting related experience (internships count)
- Understanding and deep respect for how team member experience affects culture, productivity, and retention
- Crisp written communications skills
- The desire to work remotely
- Resourcefulness. If you don’t know the answer, you figure out the most efficient way to find it
- Familiarity with Excel and/or Google Sheets and Gsuite
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with team-oriented management methods and ability to collaborate, ask questions, actively listen and show empathy in difficult situations
- Strong organizational skills
Nice to Have…
- Direct project management experience
- Remote work experience
- Tech and/or startup experience
- Onboarding processes and programs experience
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
We are hiring in the United States, Canada, Ireland, and the United Kingdom, and are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in these regions without employment visa sponsorship.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description.