Outschool’s mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We achieve this by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with other classmates who share their passions, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own paths. Our small group classes meet over live video chat with teachers who celebrate their unique strengths and empower all learners to develop confidence and a strong sense of self.
We’re also focused on removing barriers for historically underserved learners who face systemic challenges to their success. In 2020, we started Outschool.org and began offering financial assistance to families in need. We are currently creating an Educator Endowment Fund to appreciate the teachers who are so central to our mission of inspiring kids to love learning.
We believe that diversity drives learning. To meet our mission, we encourage, support, and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds. As a fully distributed (remote) team, we challenge one another to find the most effective way to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Your name, race, religion, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and age are not barriers; they are why we want to work with you. We invite talented and creative candidates who value the importance of nurturing a child’s boundless curiosity to join us on this journey.
The pandemic has been challenging for families all over the globe. We acted quickly and worked together to provide quality resources to learners, parents, and teachers in the past year. As communities worldwide rethink their approach to education, Outschool will continue to innovate and provide kids with unique opportunities to explore their passions.
Earlier this year, Techcrunch recognized Outschool as the newest EdTech unicorn. We’ve also been named Fast Company’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from Elpha.
This role is the first of its kind on our growing People Operations team that is defining Outschool’s fully distributed team model. Our People Operations team is integral to nurturing our culture, caring for our employees, and supporting a team that is changing the face of education. If that sounds exciting to you, join us!
- Oversee the employee lifecycle from pre-onboarding paperwork through various stages of growth within our organization
- Update and maintain HR systems, records and reports with accurate employee data
- Assist with employee onboarding paperwork, new hire decks, and benefit/payroll enrollment
- Maintain employee and vendor files in Dropbox, our HRIS, Performance Management System, and org chart with an eye to detail and sound judgment when handling sensitive information
- Track employee expenses
- Provide additional assistance to the People Operations team
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- At least 3 years of experience in the overall field of Operations, including 1-2 years maintaining an HRIS and other HR systems
- Familiarity with Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality around sensitive information
- Operational and administrative strengths in managing multiple projects at once
- A commitment to Outschool’s cultural values
- Proactive problem solving
- Previous startup experience
- Passion for education and learning
- Experience working remotely
- Familiarity with Google Apps, Dropbox, HelloSign, and SequoiaOne
- Shared Financial Success: Competitive salaries, stock options, and investment plans that make saving for retirement easier.
- Health & Wellness: Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage options for employees and their families. Our medical benefits include fertility and family planning coverage. We also provide employees with online access to coaching and therapy sessions through our partner, ModernHealth.
- PTO & Family Benefits: PTO and family leave enable our team to take the time that we need to recharge, relax, and spend time with family and friends.
- Fully Distributed: With a team distributed across the US and Canada, we create a remote culture through expensable weekly meals, virtual events, expensable home office setup, and internet allowance.
- Lifelong Learners: Annual budgets to self-direct our professional development as well as DEI learning. There’s also a budget for employees’ learners to take classes on Outschool!
- Community Impact: Outschool matches employee donations to established charities and has committed to donating $3M to Outschool.org non-profit programs.
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.