People Operations Project Manager
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a People Operations Project Manager to join our People Operations team, reporting to the Sr. Manager – People Operations. We are interested in meeting mid-level applicants who have project management experience managing Human Resources projects related to HR Transformation or setup of HR Shared Services centers or transfer of employment and harmonization of compensation, benefits and payroll solutions across countries. Additional experience involving HRIS project management would be an advantage.
You are responsible for:
- Lead the project management for Project Atlas involving changes to employment contracts and associated benefits for staff members globally across 40 countries
- Prepare the groundwork for future projects that may come within the purview of People Operations such as those related to compensation plans, HRIS implementation, change of work processes, etc.
- Coordinate data collection and do analysis in support of the project(s)
- Prepare project related documents and present to appropriate stakeholders
- Initiate and follow-up on actions required for smooth implementation of the project(s)
- Lead the change management aspects of the project(s) with compassion
- Communicate to the organization on the progress of the project(s) through the Office intranet and other communication channels
- Support the operational implementation of the project(s) with attention to the details
- Work closely with other team members on operational matters for smooth running of the People Operations processes
Skills and Experience:
- At least a couple of years of experience in HR project management is a must for this role. You will be required to provide examples of work you have done on projects related to one or more of the following areas:
- HR Transformation
- Set-up or HR Shared Services
- Harmonization of HR processes and policies across different entities or geographies
- HR set-up in a Merger / Acquisition situation
- Harmonization of compensation plans and/or benefits across different entities or geographies
- Rollout of payroll solutions across multiple entities or geographies
- Projects related to HRIS solutions / implementations
- At least a couple of years experience within the HR team(s) in a non-project related role
- Prior work experience as an internal consultant or in a consultancy firm would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of GMail, Google Documents, Google Sheets, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint and Google Slides
- Able to speak and write fluently in English
- Patience and perseverance with an eye for detail while maintaining confidentiality
- A college degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Able to work flexible hours across different time zones
- You should be available to work between 20 to 40 hours per week for at least 12 months
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit organization that operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge freely. We host Wikipedia and the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive.
The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive donations from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 839-6885.
Wikimedia Medium Term Plan
Our Commitment to Equity
This is Wikimedia Foundation
Our Tech Stack