Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people-data in containers called merits (Watch this video to learn more: What is Merit?), and grant them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Florida Division of Emergency Management
The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50 Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
Ohio Department of Education – Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) Program
After the Ohio State Legislature created the $125M 2-year Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) educational savings account program, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) contracted Merit to inform parents, guardians, and businesses about the new opportunity and eligibility requirements. Merit developed and delivered support systems, workflows, and digital assets for the ACE program. ODE issued digital credentials to parents and guardians certifying student eligibility, enabling them to use the grants with service providers listed in the Education Marketplace, and the Ohio ACE app is a single destination to view account balances and submit claims.
Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR)
DPOR partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s salaries are competitive and transparent. Here’s a look at our pay bands based on different roles.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture, products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth, and merits represent truth.
A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
Salary Band: $121,650 – $150,450
As a People Partner at Merit, you will join our People Operations team in supporting all Merit employees through their full lifecycle. You will join a highly motivated team in providing excellent support and resources to our workforce to ensure all employees have what they need to be highly successful. You will become a critical part of the growth, satisfaction, and success for employees working remotely around the world.
Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. This is a full-time, 100% remote role with travel up to six times annually.
- Conduct regular meetings with assigned business units to provide regular HR support and feedback
- Support employee onboarding and offboarding
- Manage employee data in our HRIS system
- Support employee training including managing training in LMS systems, creating basic training content, facilitating live training sessions, and regularly re-assessing training needs
- Ensure that company benefits are managed properly and that all Merit employees have the tools and support to get the most out of their benefits
- Collaborate with People Operations team members to analyze trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal resources as required
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Manage and resolve sensitive employee relations issues purposefully and thoughtfully
- Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations and work with People Ops leadership to identify and complete proper follow-ups
- Provide day-to-day guidance to assigned business areas including coaching, performance management, disciplinary action, team dynamics, and more
- Work closely with all merit employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 5+ years in an HR related role
- SHRM-CP certification
- Expertise with managing vendor relationships
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Experience with Slack, Google Suite, and HRIS systems.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Able to quickly identify problems, assess accuracy and relevance of information, use sound judgment to generate and evaluate potential resolutions, and to make thoughtful recommendations
- Excellent communication skills. Talent for expressing information to both individuals and groups efficiently and effectively using multiple communication pathways. Able to take into account the audience and nature of the information (technical, sensitive, controversial) and adjust communication accordingly. Strong ability and willingness to practice active listening and to calmly deescalate frustration
- An eye for detail. A drive to approach all work in a thorough and conscientious manner with the goal of fully understanding scope
- Best in class customer service. A welcoming and supportive professional presence for all employees and a strong ability to assess individual needs, provide information or assistance to resolve issues or satisfy expectations, calmly and firmly set issues back on track, and show a strong commitment to providing excellent support.
At Merit, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate, support and value it for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.
Merit is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for our employees. If you need accessibility assistance or a reasonable accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.