Who We Are and What We’re About:
Brightline is on a mission to build a bright future for every child, bringing extraordinary behavioral health care to children and families.
We’re in the middle of a behavioral health crisis that we can’t ignore—especially not when it comes to our children. 1 in every 5 children has a behavioral health condition, yet up to 80% still get little or no help. Far too many families face insurmountable barriers when their child really needs help, and parents are too often left feeling alone and without the support they need. We can do so much better. That’s why we’re here!
When you join Brightline, you’re joining a team that has an unstoppable drive to change the lives of families across the country. We’re a team of thoughtful problem-solvers, expert and kind clinicians, and experienced operators and technologists. Above all, we’re committed to helping each other succeed, learn, and grow—all while bringing care to families when, where, and how they need it.
No matter what you’re looking for in your next role, we’re pretty confident that you’ll #FindItAtBrightline.
As an early People Partner dedicated to serving our Care Teams at Brightline, here’s what your day-to-day activities might look like:
- Provide dedicated support to our Care Teams and work closely with member-facing teams including therapists and coaches, amongst other clinical staff
- Provide strategic advice and direction to our Care leadership team, supporting key business initiatives and ensuring maximum organizational effectiveness
- Develop, initiate, and drive HR programs, initiatives and policies for our Care Teams
- Scale our people, processes, and infrastructure while maintaining efficiency and a high quality of care for Brightline’s members and Care teams, specifically our coaches and therapists
- Play a critical role in supporting our clinician and coach network, and will be instrumental in developing, initiating, and driving People Operations programs and initiatives.
- Provide strategic HR partnership and coaching to employees and people managers at all levels within our Care Teams to positively impact the motivation, development, and retention of talent.
- Identify, retain and develop people who will contribute to reinforce our teams
- Create & ensure policies, practices, and programs are administered in an equitable and consistent manner.
- Track top challenges our teams face, partnering with managers to drive issues to resolution
- Work together with the People Operations Team to improve the way we use our HR platforms
- Identify the needs for change and lead the implementation and adoption to new or changing structures (leadership or organizational), cultural change, or programs/processes
- Work closely with our Care department leaders to implement strategies and programs that develop their teams to achieve their strategic goals while improving the overall employee experience
And here are the kinds of projects you might work on in your first few months:
- Partner with our Head of People to lead the development and execution of talent management processes such as quarterly and annual performance and talent reviews, succession planning, compensation reviews, and engagement exercises
- Build scalable frameworks and manage workstreams to strengthen our People processes
- Work to build people-related solutions by leveraging people trends, insights, and data to drive the implementation of projects and programs
- You have substantial experience working as a People Partner / HRBP
- You have worked within healthcare companies and provided HR partnership to all corporate and clinical employment types within care delivery business models including therapists, behavioral coaches, and other member-facing clinical staff
- You have knowledge on management of the whole employee cycle both from legal and administrative point of views and a solid understanding of HR practices, policies, and employment law
- You have demonstrated experience in implementing, managing and integrating different HR systems & tools
- You have the ability to create and implement end-to-end people programs that are impactful, efficient, creative, and bold
- You have excellent communication skills, ethics, & cultural awareness
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and you have a growth mindset, continuously striving for creative ways to approach situations and improve the experience of all team members
- You have a proven ability to establish trust, coach and partner with executive and mid-level leadership as well as individual contributors
- You have the ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, with multiple stakeholders with varying needs
- You are adaptable, agile, and resilient, and you embrace change, move quickly, and are highly resilient when things are ambiguous
Bonus points for experience with:
- Experience at a fast-growing startup is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in an HR-related field and/or HR certification
- Experience working in the Technology/SaaS industry
Benefits + Perks:
- Remote first and focused on community—we have Bright Spots with employees across the country (check out more info below) + generous work-from-home stipend
- Competitive compensation & benefits packages because we know the work you do is hard and we recognize how valuable you are, including an unlimited PTO policy + 14 paid holidays, Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, and stock options
- Collaborate with diverse members across teams with weekly group learning opportunities and team breakfasts (and offsite retreats in the future!)
- Dedicated time for your health and wellness, including group workouts and meditations hosted by Brightline employees
- With your help, we’ll build diverse & equitable programs and experiences
Brightline is a nationally distributed team with many of our team members located throughout the country, some of those being: New York, Boston, Seattle, Portland, Atlanta, Houston, Denver, Minneapolis, San Diego, and Los Angeles. The Brightline office is headquartered in the SF Bay Area, but we consider all local and remote (U.S.) candidates. Brightline is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.