Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
We are looking for an experienced ecommerce Performance Marketing – Mobile App & Martech manager to help develop, launch, and optimize ROI-focused App marketing campaigns. This candidate will have in-depth experience analyzing return on investment (ROI) driven app install & conversion campaigns targeting new and existing buyers across different media channels (Facebook, Google, Apple Search Ads, Mobile networks, etc.). They will also have extensive technical and analytical experience integrating and using MMPs (Appsflyer) for measurement and attribution. The App marketing manager will focus on performance, measurement, optimization, tracking, and quality assurance. This role will also help handle relevant Martech projects associated to App & privacy updates, tracking, analytics, and measurement across Performance Marketing initiatives.
As the Performance Marketing Manager, App & Martech, you own mobile app install initiatives across paid channels and hitting return on investment goals. You have strong experience working with MMPs and have previously launched app campaigns across marketing channels (Facebook, Google, Apple Search, Button, etc.). Do you find joy in app marketing, problem solving, adapting and evolving to change, and proving out performance results? If so, this could be the perfect match.
This is a full-time position located (eventually) in Brooklyn, NY, reporting to the Senior Manager, Performance Marketing – Martech, Programmatic & App. We offer flexible workplace policies that can accommodate work from home candidates who can travel to an office location 2-3 times per week.
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you’ll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act
About the Role
In this role you will:
- Lead all of App Performance campaign development, testing, bid strategies, targeting, analytics, and optimization to drive sales and return on investment for the business
- Lead Appsflyer/MMP integrations across performance channels. Navigate across setup and tracking and work with cross-team partners to find solutions.
- Have a strong understanding of the latest privacy changes, including specific implications for optimization across Google, Facebook, DSPs, and other key platforms
- Establish and maintain a forward-looking vision of the App MarTech stack across partners and potential opportunities
- Help drive technical projects needed to advance initiatives by working and collaborating with Martech teams (engineers & product managers)
- Work closely with Performance Marketing channel leads to align on App & Martech strategies
- Stay on top of the always-evolving digital marketing landscape, from industry news to emerging technology and trends.
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this position will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy’s discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
- 4-6 years of Performance Marketing (direct response) experience demonstrating success in leading mobile app marketing investment and delivering on performance goals
- Deep knowledge and experience in working across performance channels (Facebook, Google, Apple Search Ads, etc.)
- A can-do, data-based, and analytical approach, with passion for driving performance metrics (Gross Merchandise Sales, Return on Investment)
- A strong analytical drive, with previous experience with advanced attribution models (multi-touch, LTV, frequency) and sufficient knowledge of major data analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- A shown understanding in how API integrations, SDKs, tracking, and measurement work across paid channels
- Strong technical skills with a proven record in working with and influencing Martech teams with foundational mobile app knowledge
- Lead external agencies and technologies; improve services & offerings and recognize needs for strategic education across internal resources.
- A trust in and dedication to Etsy’s vision, mission and values.
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.