We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses.
Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. Learn more about us on our About page.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench!
A message from our hiring manager:
I’m Dennis, and I lead our Inbound Marketing team. We’re responsible for making sure that we continue to rapidly grow the number of American small business owners who come to Bench through non-paid channels and ultimately become happy clients. These business owners are discovering us through places like our core website (bench.co), our blog (bench.co/blog), our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/BenchCo/), and our social channels. Over the last year we’ve seen an explosion in the volume of traffic to these channels, with our blog in particular seeing roughly 1M unique visitors each month as we’ve created a variety of content to help business owners in the United States navigate the requirements of financial relief programs. In short, our team has been doing an amazing job at attracting traffic and we don’t expect this to stop, especially with the number of exciting things on our product roadmap.
This explosion in traffic has helped us see how much opportunity exists for the Inbound Marketing team if we can get our conversion rates – unique visitors to leads, and leads to trials – to see a similar improvement. And this is exactly why we’re looking for a Web Growth Manager. We need someone who is ready to roll up their sleeves and tackle this conversion challenge because it’s what they’re best at. You’re going to be given the opportunity to step onto a Marketing Team with huge aspirations and a willingness to support you at every turn in finding a way for us to significantly grow our full-funnel conversion rates. This might mean building new lead funnels in collaboration with our Sales Team, finding ways to get more leads into the automated flows built by our Lifecycle Marketing Team, revising our sign up flow, and whatever else you think is going to result in a step-change in our ability to convert visitors to clients.
One more thing – you’ll have a rockstar Web Growth Strategist on your team from day one who can’t wait to tackle this challenge with you. They’ll rely on you for coaching and professional growth so be prepared to lead by example. Together, you’ll have the opportunity to be directly responsible for Bench achieving its goal of making a profound difference in the lives of one million people.
Below is everything you need to know about this amazing opportunity:
What you’ll be getting up to:
- In short, finding ways to improve our unique-to-lead and lead-to-trial conversion rates on our blog and core website by 40% over the next 12 months
- Owning the conversion strategy for our blog (bench.co/blog) and our core website (bench.co), as measured by the performance of our unique visitor to lead conversion rate, lead to trial conversion rate, and trial to client conversion rate
- Conducting research to identify problems with our conversion funnels, working with cross-functional teams to prioritize potential solutions, launching chosen solutions, and tracking their impact
- Implementing solutions that directly improve conversion rates
- Taking full responsibility for the management and development of the Web Growth Strategist
- Identifying new tools that could be incorporated to improve conversion rates while maintaining a strong visitor experience
- Planning experiments to prove or disprove hypotheses about how conversion rates could be improved
- Planning new web pages or changes to existing pages
- Monitoring metrics that influence conversion and regularly reporting on their performance to stakeholders across Bench
What your first 90 days might look like:
- Reviewing the historical performance of our Inbound Marketing channels and how they fluctuate throughout the year
- Assessing the primary lead funnels to learn what’s working and what isn’t
- Reviewing the results of past experiments, the hypotheses that were proven or disproven, and the learnings that were gained
- Meeting with the Sales team to understand what a small business owner experiences as they progress from a prospect to a client
- Mapping out potential solutions to problems you come across as your understanding of our funnels grows
- Evaluating whether the Inbound Marketing team has the tools necessary to execute on the preferred solutions
- Working with the Web Growth Strategist to begin building and implementing solutions
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience managing web strategy with accountability for metrics directly tied to revenue
- Experience building and launching a/b tests and personalized experiences through platforms like Optimizely, Google Optimize, and VWO
- You have multiple examples of times where you tried something and failed, but took full accountability for the outcome
- You have experience managing at least one other individual in a marketing role
- You have a proven track record of identifying problems that are negatively impacting conversion and implementing long-term solutions
- You can comfortably sift through high volumes of data and produce valuable insights that others understand
It could be an even better fit if:
- You have experience with Heap Analytics, Drift, and/or Airkit
- You have a strong grasp of Search Engine Optimization and have experience making changes to web pages that improve their ranking
- You have experience managing web strategy for a B2B SaaS product
- You have experience working with web designers to build net new web pages that align with brand guidelines while also following conversion principles
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an annual salary, stock options, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- All Benchmates have access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- Our office has gone fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.