BuySellAds helps connect great brands with hard-to-reach audiences. You’ve probably seen our ad solutions on a number of creative sites such as Bootstrap, CodePen, Coding Horror, and many more.
We also work on our own internal projects and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for someone to help manage and grow our suite of design and development web properties on our Owned & Operated team. Working together as a small, tactical unit, we’ll either be maintaining and improving existing sites, or transitioning recently acquired properties to fresh buildouts when it makes sense. This is a really exciting and dynamic role! Finally, based on our team’s current skill sets, we will need this role to lean much more heavily towards back-end development — in fact we’d love for you to be our expert there.
We are a fully distributed/remote team and stay connected through Slack. We largely work around an EST schedule but are flexible.
Ideally, we’re looking for someone who is:
- A natural problem solver: integrations and migrations can be messy work, requiring equal measures creativity and patience.
- A self-starter: remote teams carry lots of autonomy. There’s no micromanaging here. This article really resonates with us!
- A great communicator: we’re big on teaching, learning, debating, and explaining, and these things require clear, deliberate communication.
- Experienced working across the full tech-stack
Some hard skills that’d we love to see:
- Senior-level experience working with PHP and relational databases (mainly Laravel)
- Solid understanding of DigitalOcean, AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, Elastic Beanstalk), or similar host
- Core responsibilities would be creating new web apps and rebuilding others
- Proven track record of learning new development languages, tools and technologies
- Experience leading projects from implementation to completion
- Bonus points for interest in handling site migrations, maintenance, and security as well
Amazing. Send along your resume and cover letter telling us why you’d like to join our team!
We do our best to make the hiring process fair and straightforward: we do an initial meet-and-greet Zoom screen, and follow with a team pairing to make sure our culture makes sense. We move quickly on decisions, and we aim to respond to every applicant and provide feedback where appropriate: even if we aren’t the right fit for each other, we want you to know rather than have to second-guess.