Lambda’s mission is to accelerate human progress with computation. Our Deep Learning workstations, servers, and cloud services power Machine Learning engineers at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence research, fueling advancements in quantum computing, cancer detection, autonomous aircraft, drug discovery, self-driving cars, and much more.
Lambda provides Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning infrastructure to organizations like Intel, Microsoft, Amazon Research, Tencent, Kaiser Permanente, MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech, and the Department of Defense.
Join us in building the future of Artificial Intelligence.
About the Role
At Lambda we have ambitious growth goals and are looking for a plant manager to take ownership for building our manufacturing team, improve our manufacturing process and play a critical role in our achieving plan. The plant manager will be responsible for launching a brand new facility we plan to launch in early 2023, ensure we have sufficient capacity to meet demand and that we continue to enhance our reputation for great quality and industry leading lead-times. We’re looking for someone with strong leadership skills, excited to help our team grow every day with an approach centered on lean and problem solving.
What you’ll do
- Lead day-to-day operations at Lambda ensuring Safety, People, Quality, Delivery and Cost (SPQDC) goals are met
- Lead execution of our continuous improvement roadmap focused on delighting our customers, achieving our financial goals and improving SPQDC performance
- Install a strong manufacturing team at Lambda fully focused on driving outstanding customer experience and growing Lambda’s reputation for quality, lead-time and cost performance in the market
- Collaborate with sales, support and engineering to ensure we are ultra competitive and well positioned to meet Lambda’s growth goals
- Lead the team through strategic planning and deployment for manufacturing ensuring projects are executing on time and within budget
- Act as a coach and mentor to our manufacturing team in leadership, Lean and problem solving techniques
- Work closely with finance to report out on financial performance vs plan on a monthly basis and ensure corrective actions in place to address gaps to plan
- Have two years experience in a plant manager role, operations or manufacturing engineering managers considered depending on experience
- Experience in managing a P&L of $50-$100M
- MSc in operation or supply chain management preferred
- Strong people leader that takes pride in building and developing teams
- Must have hands on experience as a Lean practitioner
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with AI / ML / Deep Learning
- We offer generous cash & equity compensation
- Investors include Gradient Ventures, Google’s AI-focused venture fund
- We are experiencing a high rate of growth and have 10x’d over the last 3 years
- Our research papers have been accepted into top machine learning and graphics conferences, including NeurIPS, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, and TOG
- We have a wildly talented team of 100, and are growing fast
- Our remote workforce, based on role, is across the U.S., with headquarters in San Francisco
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Commuter/Work from home stipends
- 401k Plan
- Generous and flexible paid time off policy
A Final Note:
You do not need to match all of the listed expectations to apply for this position. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Lambda, Inc. is a federal contractor that is subject to the COVID-19 vaccination requirements of Executive Order 14042. Because this position is covered by Executive Order 14042, all newly hired employees in this role must be fully vaccinated, unless subject to an approved disability or religious accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lambda Labs is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.