We’re looking for a Player Insights Lead to join our team at Hypixel Studios, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 25+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
Join us on our mission to bring players together in an inviting, immersive world where they can make their mark. Hytale empowers creative expression across a spectrum of experiences including sandbox adventure, social play, minigames, and creativity using a suite of powerful and accessible tools.
As Player Insights Lead on the Hytale team, you will be responsible for using research and analytics to influence not only the business direction, but key development decisions for the game. As a conduit to the player, you will be charged with driving efforts to identify and define player behaviors that help our team create more informed and engaging experiences. This role will be responsible for identifying needs, building, and maintaining the research team for the development of Hytale.
Who you are:
- You’ve successfully built and influenced the culture of research, data, and analytics at the workplace, and are an advocate for the value it provides in the development process
- You’re a champion for the player and are able to translate research findings into actionable, business-driven insights
- You are an effective collaborator and communicator with the team and external partners, maintaining a high level of empathy and understanding with stakeholders throughout development
- You have an analytical mind and are an effective problem solver, relying on informed judgements to address strategic and operational challenges
- You have a background and passion for product management, data analytics, or user research
Some of your role:
- Partner with leadership to establish clarity on product strategy and develop frameworks and hypotheses which can be tested, measured, and ultimately influence critical decisions
- Lead efforts and initiatives to better understand our players based on quantitative or qualitative research
- Recruit, lead, and grow the player research team as well as their tools and methodologies
- Educate and mentor the team on the role and influence of research in the product development process
- Formulate, pitch, and execute on business and strategic recommendations for the game with key stakeholders from the game development and leadership teams
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the marketplace and how industry trends may influence product direction
- 7+ years of experience in a product management, research, or analytics role with several years acting as a lead or people manager
- Data driven and has a preference for business and design thinking to be informed by research, but understands the value of creativity and design intuition in the development process
- Proficiency and hands on experience with sentiment analysis and measuring player data as well as effective communication in providing insights
- Comfortable in ambiguity and effective in context switching between multiple high level priorities
- Eager to embrace a remote working environment with teams and individuals spread across several time zones
- 3+ years of experience in people management and organizational leadership roles
- Experience in the survival, block, or voxel game genres
- Experience in monetization or other revenue driven aspects of games
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.