Our mission at Pollie is to make it easier for people with ovaries to manage reproductive hormonal conditions like PCOS and endometriosis, as well as hormonal imbalance symptoms like infertility, acne, hair loss, irregular periods, blood sugar imbalances, PMS, cramping, and more. We’re doing this through creating a personalized telehealth solution that matches people with ovaries to hormonal health specialists.
We’re looking for a highly driven, product-oriented engineer eager to join an early stage startup to build new products and services. You’ll be our first engineering hire and manage the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment and will have a hand at shaping the company as it grows.
If you are excited about building something completely new in healthcare in an extremely underserved market, then we’d love to have you join.
- Participate in the design and creation of scalable software
- Work within agile development to translate user stories and requirements into functioning applications
- Write clean, functional code on the front and back-end
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs and integrate with other systems and services
- Test and fix bugs or other coding issues and maintain existing infrastructure
- Create security and data protection features (understanding of HIPAA requirements is a plus or willingness to become an expert – consumer privacy is essential for us)
- Write technical documentation
Experience and Skills
- 2-4 years experience building software or web applications
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Knowledge of multiple front-end languages and libraries (including React)
- Knowledge of multiple back-end languages (including Node.js)
- Familiarity with databases (including PostgreSQL)
- You’re organized and able to iterate quickly and meet deadlines
- You can navigate ambiguity & operate well in situations where information or requirements change constantly
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org