ConsenSys is the leading blockchain software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and decentralized finance activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow.
This role is part of ConsenSys Professional Services.
At ConsenSys Professional Services, we work with the world’s leading Fortune 500 corporations and governments to design, develop and deploy blockchain platforms that create real business value. Our customers and partners include many of the largest global banks, Microsoft, the European Commission, Komgo and Covantis. We work as an agile, globally integrated team of approximately 150 engineers, designers, consultants, architects, scrum masters and program managers.
If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us. To explore our products and solutions, visit consensys.net !
What will you do?
The Presales Architect, Technical Director will play an integral part in pre-sales efforts in supporting the successful outcomes of all US Strategic sales efforts with Enterprise clients. You will work with US Strategic sales on client discovery calls , scoping project requirements and pricing proposals for clients looking to engage with Consensys Software Inc (CSI) across the full product suite.
This is a technical role – meaning that you are expected to be able to dive into the technical details of client requirements and project.
Your responsibilities are as follows:
- Guide and assist the sales team in the pre sales, project discovery delivery process, providing architectural blueprints, organizing technical sessions and reviewing code if needed.
- Ensure the deadlines of the delivery are going to be met by the development team
- Ensure the application is working properly, meeting all requirements
- Lead technical sales process for numerous customers day to day: from introductory meetings (net new sales) through post-sales (customer satisfaction, up-selling, and subscription renewals)
- Understand, evangelize and educate on the businesses value of blockchain
- Continuously learn and update your skills and knowledge in quickly evolving technologies
Required experience and skills:
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer/ Pre-Sales Engineer working on Enterprise-grade projects
- 2+ years of experience as an Solutions Architect or Tech Lead on Enterprise-grade projects
- MSc in computer science or equivalent
- Crucial to have worked through the full application lifecycle experience for at least one enterprise software project, having a big picture understanding of all the pieces at play
- Understanding modern and/or blockchain applications architecture from conception, design, technology evaluation, pilot program, sizing, implementation, maintenance, and support
- Experience in designing Application Architecture diagrams, Infrastructure Architecture, Sequence diagrams
- Knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps best practices and main tools
- Experience in a customer-facing delivery and/or pre-sales role
- Communication skills (workshops, public speaking, adapt from C-level to developers)
- Demonstrated experience gathering and understanding customer business requirements
- High levels of emotional intelligence and the ability to work collaboratively with people and synthesize insights
- Experience in agile project management
- Ability to make methodical design trade off decisions to meet desired qualities in a solution (e.g., throughput, scalability, confidentiality and privacy, security, usability and maintainability)
Nice to have:
- Ethereum or other major enterprise blockchain platform experience
- Implementing smart contracts in Solidity
- Development of highly used scalable applications
- Knowledge of token economics, crypto sphere understanding, DeFi…
- DevOps knowledge (Kubernetes, Terraform, pipelines)
- Experience working in a start-up culture and in remote working practices
ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, Truffle and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.