The exciting world of scientific research is fueled by people with a passion for solving complex problems. At Cayuse, we are committed to our customers’ success by empowering organizations to conduct globally connected research that advances their impact on science, discovery and society. We build on that commitment with proven, integrated and easy-to-use technology that delivers exceptional value, and world class service and support that accelerates outcomes.But we are more than just an empowering platform powered by advanced technologies. We are a collaboration of exceptional, highly skilled people with multi-disciplinary expertise, and are building our team to support our ambitious growth plans. Cayuse’s foundational strength comes from our customer and employee focused values and commitment to industry-leading solutions. It’s an exciting time to become a key member of our growing team.
Principal Architect/ Software EngineerAn experienced software engineer with expertise in traversing the last mile of SaaS software, problem solving, and process improvement. In this role, you will work directly with senior leadership of the software engineering division. Your focus will be in driving solutions to completion through process, tooling, and creation and implementation of standards. You will use your experience in various software languages and platforms to both define and develop complex software solutions. You must be at home being an integral part of a scrum team, and providing direction to a scrum team. You will be the driving force behind getting software done right and delighting our customers.Your Responsibilities
- Apply mastery of the software engineering discipline and industry best practices to effectively design, implement, and support SaaS software products and services of moderate to high complexity.
- Work on problems of complex scope where analysis requires evaluation of multiple factors of the overall product and service.
- Work cross-functionally with various teams: product management, quality engineering, DevOps, and across various product lines to deliver integrated solutions
- Drive design and architecture decisions into project teams.
- Be a master problem solver, and understand how to drive long term corrective actions.
- Be willing to go deep with teams in resolving problems and implementing long term solutions.
- Partner with software architects to model complex systems and drive integration strategy decisions
- 7+ years of experience developing, maintaining, and innovating large scale web apps and services with at least 2 years in a technical lead role.
- BS/MS in computer science, engineering, or mathematics (or equivalent work experience)
- Strong experience with Java, Spring, and Hibernate
- Strong experience with AWS
- Strong experience with unit testing & test-driven development (TDD)
- Strong understanding of software design & enterprise integration patterns
- Strong experience with agile software development using SCRUM
- Strong experience with relational database technology and ElasticSearch
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
Our culture is one of inclusion and belonging where everyone feels respected, treated justly, supported and nourished. We all share responsibility for creating and sustaining a work environment where differences are celebrated and we are empowered to strive for excellence. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit, develop, and retain a diverse and talented workforce.