We’ve been growing rapidly since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y Combinator, and after recently closing our Series B funding round, are now in hyper-growth. Our teams are diverse, fully distributed, and with no offices – we are looking for team members who are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in the United States, Canada, Ireland, and the United Kingdom.
What You’ll Do
As a Principal Data Engineer you will have the opportunity to design, create, deploy and manage data architectures, storage, integration, and consumption of enterprise data managed by different data entities and IT systems, as well as any applications using or processing that data.
What You’ll Bring
Need to have
- Working experience with big-picture design thinking on a product team.
- 10+ years of experience as a Data Engineer–with a focus on unifying data across multiple sources
- 5+ years experience writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets and data models
- 5+ years of working experience working collaboratively with Product, Engineering and cross-functional partners, and guiding data-influenced product planning, prioritization and strategy development
- Proven experience working with large datasets with high IOPS
Nice to have
- Proven experience influencing product strategy and drive change across org boundaries through clear and compelling communication of data-driven insights and analyses.
- Sharp, pixel-perfect visual skills and experience in the latest design software (Sketch, Figma)
- Demonstrated knowledge of analyzing complex user flows and distilling them into easy to use experiences
- The ability to be self-started and know what makes you productive
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
We are hiring in the United States, Canada, Ireland, and the United Kingdom, and are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in these regions without employment visa sponsorship. Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description.