It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of nearly 900 million. Whether you’re looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process trillions of data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the world. Want in?
We are currently looking for a highly qualified web developer to help us build the next generation of web mail experience for Yahoo. We need a dedicated and technically strong engineer with industry knowledge to make our web application faster, easier and most attractive place for communicating with your friends and family. We’re a team that is creating one of the most sophisticated client side web applications in the world, and we’re constantly pushing the limits of code complexity, user experience fluidity, and raw performance.
The road ahead is exciting, and our team is moving fast. Your work will be seen and touched by millions of people, worldwide. If you believe you have what it takes to help shape our future then look no further, apply now, and get ready for the ride of your life!
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent) with 8+ year’s experience
- Experience with OOP: C++, Java, C#, or similar
- Strong foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Expert in software development domain and principles, including design patterns, code structure, programming languages, continuous integration, and deployment architecture
- Experience with scripting languages such as PHP, Perl, Python, and/or Ruby
- Experience with Web Technologies (Node, HTTP, JSON, DNS, TCP/IP)
- Experience with frontend test driven development
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
You will be
- Responsible for the definition, design, development and successful and timely completion of major new features in current and future products
- Performing code reviews for your peers where you will be learning from and contributing to a collaborative working model
- Recommending alternative approaches to solving complex problems and utilizing new technology to achieve goals
- Tackling hard engineering and user experience problems and solve them in an elegant and seamless manner.
- Taking ownership of features and areas of the web application that will impact millions of users.
- Working with engineering team members to explore and create interesting solutions while sharing knowledge amongst the team.
- Working closely with product teams, designers, and other developers to create a truly delightful user experience
Nice to have
- Experience developing mail application
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with mobile web development
- Experience with SCRUM or similar agile development methodology
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The compensation for this position ranges from $143,625.00 – $299,375.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.