Principal Product Analysts are responsible for setting the standard for how data and analytics are performed and consumed within the Product organization and across HubSpot. This is an individual contributor leadership role.
The Product Analytics team works side-by-side with Product Management, User Experience, and Engineering leadership to design and build better solutions for our customers, drawing on multiple sources of data (user event data, NPS, transactional data, etc) to discover what is going well, where we can improve, and what to build next. The Principal Product Analyst is responsible for their team delivering world class insights and models, through a blend of leadership by example, advisory, and mentorship.
In this role, you will operate with a high degree of autonomy in defining the highest impact strategic projects that best leverage the breadth and depth of your experience. You will split your time between execution on your own projects, and team leadership and development.
- Serve as the expert within Product Analytics on a narrow technical domain (eg performing analysis in R/Python; a family of statistical models such as regressions; etc)
- Advise on the approach / analytical framework for high complexity projects within Product Analytics; mentor analysts to help their projects succeed
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve standards, process, approach or delivery for analytics work across the org; advocate for improvements in architecture, data governance or standards across HubSpot analytics
- Take ownership of team ceremonies that facilitate knowledge sharing and collaborative learning (user groups, lunch & learns, office hours, etc)
- Lead through the example of your own work by delivering projects that set the standard for utility, completeness, accuracy, interpretability and extensibility
Examples of common projects:
- Work with stakeholders across hubs to define “good user behavior”, and quantify the outcomes our customers see by using our products “as intended”
- Combine structured demographic / firmographic data with user behavior to infer user roles
- Identify customers likely to buy additional Hubs or upgrade editions
- Build anomaly detection models to alert when product-led demand channels fail
- Academic or professional experience with a heavy quantitative, analytical focus; Masters or PhD in quantitative field would be a great indicator of this qualification, but not required
- Practical experience in a business environment influencing decision making with data
- Experience with enterprise-scale analytics architectures built for a variety of applications (beyond SQL transformations / reporting)
- Ability to write performant, complex SQL queries combining multiple sources of data
- Expertise with data analytics and statistical tools such as R or Python
- Confidence with a variety of analytical and statistical techniques; expertise with a subset
- Excellent communication, storytelling, and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated passion for teaching, mentoring, or developing teams – particularly without direct management
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.