The largest business and financial news site in the world, with unrivaled access to data, insights and original editorial content.
A Little About Us:
At Yahoo Finance, we believe that business news is for everyone — from Wall Street to Main Street. Yahoo Finance is the largest business and financial information and tools app+site in the world, with unrivaled access to data, insights, tools and up-to-the-minute financial news. Under a new leadership team, we are recommitted to building and revitalizing this financial OG and positioning it for the future. This role will have a huge impact as you will be spearheading efforts that will allow millions of Yahoo Finance users to make the best investing decisions and act on them. If you’re a consumer product leader and are passionate about finance or investing, this one’s for you!
Your Day at Yahoo Finance:
As a principal product designer, you collaborate with partners to define the vision for new features/explorations while owning and driving the craftsmanship for every interaction and visual design detail. Day-to-day, you will:
- Oversees & executes across all phases of the design process from conception to implementation to include (but not limited to) wireframing, prototyping, and visual design.
- Leads multiple large-scale highly strategic projects that are deemed business critical.
- Develops and implements innovative team practices that drive change and identify new opportunities for value creation.
- Acts as a thought leader among the department, providing a clear vision for the future of design and demonstrates ability to implement forward thinking design. Builds relationships & collaborates with internal stakeholder leads (Product Management, Engineering etc) to ensure consistency with broader Product goals and company objective.
- Demonstrates strong understanding & implementation of internal design process.
- Leads team in framing and providing thoughtful solutions to complex design problems.
- Demonstrates influence across all levels of the organization, mentoring other Individual Contributors and leaders.
- 10+ years professional experience, specifically as a Product Designer.
- Mastery in UX software such as Sketch, Figma etc.
- Design Portfolio demonstrating strong UX and visual design solutions, with an emphasis on identifying and meaningfully solving true user problems.
- Foundational understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Exceptional track record to execute on product design strategy, mentor designers, and partner with cross functional team members.
- Experience building world class product experiences, streamline workflows with continuous iteration and improvement.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead user experience design, including usability principles, user research methodology, testing techniques (A/B, Multi-Variant), design theory, and interaction design.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeve and get things done.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Passionate about contributing and maintaining design systems
- Skills such as illustration, animation, data visualization, front-end programming, or copywriting a plus
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The compensation for this position ranges from $130,875.00 – $272,500.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.