Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
We’re looking to add a new node to the Product Marketing cluster, focusing on go to market activity around the logging, infrastructure metrics, and APM use cases. In this role you will be a trusted thought partner to the product management and field teams, working closely on jointly defining the outbound strategy to drive the adoption of Elastic technology in these observability related use cases. To be successful in this role you will need to be comfortable with the technical aspects of your products and the markets they play in, as well as the creative aspects of positioning technology through stories that are compelling, authentic, and engaging.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Crafting messaging and content for Elastic Logs, Elastic Infrastructure, and Elastic APM
- Enabling the field on our products and solutions, through training and content
- Defining and executing the GTM strategy for new launches & campaigns
- Measuring and tracking KPIs to track the launch and effectiveness of the campaign
- Maintaining a subset of competitive analysis in the observability segment
- Attending trade shows and other events to help showcase our products
- Some travel is required
What You Will Bring:
- Direct experience with logging, infrastructure monitoring, APM and related use cases, and associated target audiences (monitoring, devops, observability teams, SREs, etc)
- Curiosity about the “how” of technology to tell compelling stories about the “why”
- Relevant work experience in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE)
- Proven ability to craft engaging content, including blog posts, presentations, videos, etc.
- Strong communication skills, with experience presenting to audiences big and small
- Comfort working in a very cross-functional role, with a highly distributed team
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Elastic Stack is preferred, but not required.
- Comfortable marketing to mix of developers and business audiences
- Prior experience in a more technically hands-on role (developer, sales engineer, consultant, etc) is a bonus
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.