Mitsubishi Electric Power Products (MEPPI) serves the North American power systems, rail transportation, and large visual display markets with electrical and electronic products, systems, and services.Position Summary
MEPPI’s Substation Division (SSD) is looking for a Principal Project Manager who will be responsible for successful project management of orders focused on renewables, FACTS, and GIS projects.
- Monitor, maintain, and develop project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, cost reporting and control and allocation of available resources.
- Coordinate site work, including subcontract work, such as civil and erection.
- Coordinate MEPPI work (including engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, etc.).
- Negotiate price/delivery and other terms and conditions of major project components.
- Serve as primary customer contact on assigned projects. Meet with customers to identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks. Determine project scope and objectives.
- Ensure that all customer commitments are met.
- Responsible for all project cost including accurate forecasts to insure projects are within budget.
- Identify, track, and expedite resolutions of problems while keeping management informed when appropriate.
- Manage safety and insurance issues and claims on assigned projects.
- Prepare project status reports and keep management, customers, and others informed of project status and related issues.
- Organize kick-off meetings, design review meetings and factory tests both internally and externally.
- Travel to customer project sites and vendor sites as required.
- Coordinate invoicing and ensure timely and accurate milestone billing.
- Coordinate the successful close of the project and handle warranty claims
- Develop and maintain accurate up to date project schedules working in conjunction with the Department Project Scheduler.
- Manage multiple large scale projects at one time.
- Maintain customer correspondence.
- Generate shipping documents.
- Enter and track customer commitments in project management software.
- Hold customer project review meetings and publish minutes of meetings.
- Serve as Team Leader supporting and leading other Project Managers on multiple projects at one time.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, plus a minimum of ten years of turnkey project management experience, or equivalent education and experience.
- Advanced organizational skills to effectively oversee and execute multiple responsibilities.
- Developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to maintain effective relationships.
- Developed knowledge and skills to successfully complete PMP Certification.
- Developed computer skills with emphasis on MS Office products and project management software (e.g. Primavera scheduling software, MS Project).
MEPPI offers its employees competitive salaries, commensurate with qualifications and experience, as well as comprehensive benefits including:
- 401(k) Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Employer sponsored programs including Flexible Work Arrangement, Wellness, and Professional Women’s ERG, HOPE (community outreach)
- Onsite Fitness Center and Café
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Volunteer opportunities
- Paid Parental Leave