Community powers direct relationships and one-on-one conversations between Leaders and their Members through text messaging at scale. Launched in 2019 and headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif., Community is breaking new ground in trusted marketing and communications channels by connecting Leaders–global pop culture stars, local community organizers, small business owners and brands–to their Members to drive conversations that convert into actions, sales, revenue and more.
About the role and your impact
The Leader Experience pod at Community focuses on building product experiences that drive customer retention, success, and growth. We work together “vertically” across the layers of our stack, and we are collectively responsible for taking ideas and features from concept to production-ready code. As a Principal Web Engineer on the Leader Experience pod, you can expect to work closely with all disciplines – backend, design, product, and others – in order to help bring to life new and innovative experiences for our Leaders.
You will be working with a distributed, remote-first team that spans across North America, Europe, and beyond. Your day-to-day would be spent writing well crafted and tested code in our modern Typescript codebase. You’ll assist the team in best practices for approaching new problems in our space as we develop best-of-breed experiences for our Leaders, working closely with our product and design teams as well as other engineers to document and advance technology initiatives.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with Product & Design teams to deliver projects in an agile fashion.
- Craft new and exciting experiences for platform Leaders that will drive high engagement and retention.
- Help lead engineering efforts by authoring technical design documentation; break down complex projects into small executable units.
- Instrument, monitor, and test frontend components that are fast to load and render; participate in on-call rotations.
- Work with other frontend engineers to strengthen and scale the web platform; institute best practices to improve consistency and development velocity across all teams.
- Decompose and refactor complex logic into manageable components.
- Triage and debug difficult issues that span the entire platform.
- Mentor and coach less experienced engineers.
What You’ll bring:
- A rich and diverse background of frontend experience building and operating multi-tenant SaaS applications, using modern web development technologies.
- Experience in software development lifecycle and maintaining legacy codebases.
- Knowledge of the current front-end web security ecosystem and able to suggest best practices.
- Experience vetting and hiring all levels of web engineers.
- Passion for building high-impact, testable, well-performing user experiences.
- Desire to explore and share new frontend technologies.
- Experience in maintaining a component library and design systems.
- Proficient in building accessible user interfaces.
- Experience maintaining web-focused CI/CD systems.
- Curiosity about the world and desire to learn and grow.
- Exceptional communication and mentoring skills for helping engineers grow both technically and personally.
- Our backend is largely asynchronous, written in Elixir, running in Docker containers, on a distributed, scheduled platform on AWS. We work w/ PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis, and RabbitMQ among others.
Community is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We commit ourselves to inclusivity across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, body size, disability, age, and class – in everything we do.