It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of nearly 900 million. Whether you’re looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process trillions of data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the world. Want in?
A Little About Us
We are an industry leading direct to Consumer and Ad tech solution for advertisers and publishers. Our innovative ad tech gives one stop access to Yahoo Inc’s trusted data, high quality inventory and demand, creative ad experiences and industry-leading machine learning, at global scale. Consumer Monetization team’s charter is to Find, Evaluate, Build, and Scale new monetization, subscription and internal campaign tools and products, ad formats and functionalities across all Yahoo Inc brands including Yahoo Homepage, Yahoo Sports, Yahoo Finance, Yahoo News, HuffPost and AOL. This team is uniquely positioned to identify growth and revenue generation opportunities, design and implement solutions across consumer products and advertising platforms including video, display, native, and search.
A Lot about You
- A builder and designer to scale ad formats, tools to create , manage and enable self-serve campaign testing and launch, by collaborating with product & engineering teams
- You will perform end to end technical design and code reviews and help make technical design decisions in every phase of product lifecycle
- You will innovate on new revenue models like subscriptions, commerce or new ad formats, opportunities and new ideas to generate revenue as a media publisher, and figure out ways to build the product
- You are passionate about brainstorming and creating business models to monetize online product offerings , digital advertising technologies and platforms used across all media products, and help media product teams solve critical revenue impacting problems
- A crucial part of an agile scrum team that is very results driven and demonstrate use of iterative development and fail fast and learn mindset
- Takes ownership of features and areas of the web application that will impact millions of users.
- Recommends alternative approaches to solving complex problems and use new technology to achieve goals.
- Seeker of opportunities in day-to-day workflow to improve quality and efficiency from ideation to deployment
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 8+ years of development experience writing and reviewing code daily in a team environment
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related major.
- Frontend engineer who can design and implement solution across multiple platforms
- Good understanding of algorithms, data structures, performance optimization techniques, and object-oriented programming
- Demonstrated experience in shipping high quality products and services
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well with diverse groups of people, geographically dispersed across the world.
Preferred Qualifications: (Not Required)
- Prior knowledge of display, video or native advertising is added advantage
- Prefer someone who has experience with troubleshooting and solving large scale problems across multiple systems
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The compensation for this position ranges from $130,875.00 – $272,500.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.