Principal Technical Lead, Developer Acceleration (Java/JVM Team)
Infrastructure at HubSpot supports hundreds of engineering teams running thousands of high scale web services and distributed systems written in Java.
We have an opening for an experienced Principal Engineer with deep knowledge of the Java language, JVM, build tools, static analysis, and best practices. This person will help us leverage our investment in Java to increase reliability, developer productivity and reduce the cost of running HubSpot.
We are looking for the sort of engineer who has a passion for improving developer experience and productivity. As you have extensive coding/developer experience in the past you will have natural empathy for the challenges and understand how we may improve developer experience.
This role will help scale our business and work on some of HubSpot’s most technically challenging problems while collaborating across teams to solve these problems, transfer knowledge, and develop overall HubSpot product architecture.
This role will:
- Lead a small team of engineers where autonomy and flexibility are core values
- Help set the direction for the continued evolution of backend development at HubSpot
- Write and ship infrastructure and tooling that has meaningful user and business impact
- Collaborate with HubSpotters all over the company, whether in engineering, product, design, research, marketing, sales, etc
- Get exposure to how HubSpot works as a business
What we’d like to see:
- Some previous team, technical or pod lead experience is preferred – managing engineers or projects and taking responsibility for the team’s software design and delivery
- Experience working on java tooling and infrastructure that is used by many teams
- A continued passion to contribute to the code base, this is a hands on role
- Comfort performing code reviews for engineers at all levels
- Coaching and mentorship experience
- A track record in partnering successfully with recruiting to build remarkable engineering teams
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
Per HubSpot’s policy all employees who wish to work @office or @flex or to visit an office in-person must be fully-vaccinated. At this time, @remote employees are not required to be vaccinated.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) – link to HubSpot’s Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.