We’re looking for a Principal Technical Producer to join our core technology team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 25+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a Principal Producer within Core Tech, you will be instrumental in playing a key role in our success. You will help drive priority and vision of key technical programs, powering all of Hytale’s various gameplay experiences and groundbreaking creator tools. You will work closely with teams of engineers while you collaborate across tech teams and leaders to help bring Hytale to life.
Who you are:
- Experienced technical leader with exceptional prioritization skills and experience
- Exceptional ability to decipher technical needs from stakeholder feature expectations and requirements
- You have deep technical knowledge in highly creative projects
- A strong leader with integrity that consistently pushes for high standards to achieve goals whilst supporting your team
- Passionate about driving and delivering scalable and efficient core technical solutions
- Experienced as an Agile Product Owner for highly technical products
- Can think like a customer, understanding needs and requirements, ensuring that technical solutions are focused on enhancing the customer experience
- Able to communicate the intent behind plans and decisions
- As an excellent communicator, you are authentic and transparent in helping players and team members understand the decisions we make as developers
Some of your role:
- Act as a Product Owner for the Core Tech team, scoping, prioritizing and defining delivery standards. You will own the vision and deliveries for the Core Tech team.
- Working with stakeholders to create, update and refine complex technical roadmaps
- Build and lead highly technical, geographically diverse teams
- Collaborate frequently with leads of product teams, identifying and selectively investing in opportunities where Core Tech can enable those teams to best serve the Hytale audience.
- Act as the main contact for Hytale’s core technology team, as it relates to the scope and design of our technical architecture, and future state.
- 8+ years of experience leading highly complex technology teams, in a creative environment
- Experience with Agile development as a Product Owner
- Ability to work across all areas of the product, understanding feature and delivery implications with all major technical decisions
- Experience shipping titles across multiple platforms (PC, console, mobile)
- Experience with voxel, sandbox, or open world games
- A personal passion for open world, builder, or survival games
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.