Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. We help developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. In enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunities across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our company is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced 4x year-over-year revenue growth with zero customer churn, and our $50M Series C from Sequoia has given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven’t even heard of code search yet, but once you’ve used it, you can’t live without it–just like Google web search). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
Why this job is exciting
As a Value Engineer you will have more responsibility, upside, and growth potential than anywhere else otherwise comparable. We strive to make Sourcegraph the best company where exceptionally talented people can thrive. If you join us, we know you’ll make a big impact! Here’s what we’re thinking:
Within one month, you will…
- Begin 1:1’s with your manager, understand your 30-60-90 plan, and meet & shadow current members of the Sourcegraph VE team.
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them.
- Meet key partners in Customer Engineering, Product, Sales, and Engineering teams – they will be key relationships for you throughout your deal cycle.
Within three months, you will…
- Understand the superpowers that Sourcegraph provides a development organization, and create compelling strategies to align Sourcegraph value to our prospects’ goals, needs, and objectives.
- Be a Value expert and feel comfortable talking about value and business cases with our customers and prospects.
- Help identify champions, influencers, and key stakeholders in the decision process, and build trusted advisor relationships with them to help bring more engineering organizations onto the Sourcegraph platform.
- Evangelize a consistent sales process to help AEs continuously build and move pipeline forward
- Help build a world-class Sales Enablement program and “Boot Camp”
Within six months, you will…
- Be involved in most qualified deals to drive Value and help customers and prospects understand the business value of Sourcegraph
- Working 1:1 with AEs to help them build their business and progress opportunities
- Be a key part of the sales ecosystem and be providing value trainings and sales enablement contributions
- Set an example for new Value Engineers, and assist in training, onboarding and motivating new Teammates.
We are looking for a proven, strategic driver that will expand on sales strategy and execution and be the connective tissue across the field to effectively drive progress toward our sales objectives. You are strongly aligned with our values, inspired by our mission to make it so that everyone can code, and motivated to do your best work at Sourcegraph.
- Provide strategic services to sales and customers to increase ARR/iARR and expand ongoing pipeline
- Work cross functionally with industry, value and advisory matrix teams to develop industry specific GTM strategies
- Cross-functional collaboration to align on go-to-market strategy: GTM, Solution Sales, Solutions Consulting, Field Marketing, Customer Success, Professional Services and Alliance and Channels
- Be a trusted advisor and leader who sets a high-bar, leading from the front
- Establish and nurture relationships at the highest levels of organizations
- Demonstrate thought leadership to drive innovative customer engagement
- Work closely with senior sales leadership, including Global EVPs, Geo leads and Regional Leads
- Help develop and improve Strategy Decks/Account Plans and Joint Success Plans
- 10+ Years as a Business Value Consultant or Value Engineer
- Enterprise business and financial modeling experience, familiarity with key financial metrics: ROI, TCO, NPV, IRR
- Polished presentation and interpersonal skills
- Inquisitive personality to facilitate interview sessions with client roles, both business and technical stakeholders
- A competitive, can do, optimistic, realistic attitude, strong work ethic, humility and excellent team building communication and listening skills
- Strategic consultative mindset, understand business and people change, can engage with depth and breadth at C-Level, A growth mindset
- Strong C-Suite Consultative approach
- Strong experience influencing multi-tiered customer relationships and C-Suite influencers
- Superior knowledge and demonstrated skills in sales techniques, customer interaction, customer relations
- Strong organization, communication, teamwork, presentation, problem solving and time management skills
- An ability to consume, digest and respond to large amounts of complex data
Interview process [3.5 hours total]
- You apply.
- [30 min] Recruiter screen.
- [30 min] HM intro call with Dudley Nostrand.
- “Onsite stage”: [2 hours]
- [60 min] Resume deep dive
- [30 min] call with RSD East Sales
- [30 min] call with RVP West Sales
- [30 min] Final call with Gregg Stone, CRO
- Any other informal conversations with people who you would be working closely with but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
- We check references & offer you the job!
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.