WELL is a patient communication infrastructure for healthcare. We enable enterprise health systems, private practices, and vendors to conduct seamless conversations with patients across multiple channels — including texting, email, telephone, and live chat.
With WELL, patients receive all of their healthcare communication from one trusted source — their provider. The platform empowers service representatives to converse with patients in real time, ensuring patients feel heard while driving staff efficiency and increased revenue.
Founded in 2015, WELL is based in Santa Barbara, California and is the highest rated patient engagement software on G2. WELL serves many of the country’s leading health systems and more than 20 million patients.
WELL is proud to have been named one of the 2020 Central Coast Best Places to Work by the Pacific Coast Business Times and one of the 2020 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare. To learn more about WELL, please visit our LinkedIn.
WELL is seeking a talented Product Owner to join our growing product and data engineering organization. As a Product Owner at WELL, you will work directly with a team of bright and motivated engineers and experienced healthcare product leaders to drive execution of product and data engineering projects. You will join WELL’s Program Management team and report directly to our Program Manager.
You will be responsible for working closely with product and data engineering leaders to design new features and define and prioritize team backlogs according to business value or ROI, product strategy, and company OKRs. You will work directly with your assigned engineering team(s) as their Scrum Product Owner to execute their development sprints and be the voice of your stakeholders to the team.
- Participate in product design process to drive feature development and create well defined backlog items for your team(s)
- Work closely with stakeholders to prioritize and maintain team backlogs according to business value or ROI, product strategy, and company OKRs
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and proper decomposition of user stories for engineering teams
- Participate in the planning of product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionality
- Provide an active role in reviewing and approving product features that are completed in each sprint to ensure they adhere to acceptance criteria, definition of done, and stakeholder expectations
- Ensure that product documentation is developed as part of the development and release process
- Engage in User Acceptance Testing during the development phase to get an early insight of the product to ensure any amendments required are done early in the development process rather than later
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field, or equivalent
- 2-4 years in a Product Owner role
- Experience working within the Scrum Agile framework
- Experience working directly with complex technical software applications
- Experience working directly with engineering teams in an Enterprise SaaS environment
- Experience driving project execution and managing stakeholder expectations around project deliverables
- Healthcare experience
- Experience with API and database design and development
- Experience working with data science teams
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA. Today, all WELL positions are remote, and we are looking forward to when our company returns to in-office work. We are open to candidates that are looking for a permanently remote role depending on their level of experience. Historically, remote team members visit the Santa Barbara office regularly, and we’ve found that works best when they are on the West Coast, specifically in Southern California.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Workplace groups – company committees available for all to join (Diversity & Inclusion and Workplace Engagement).
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks: dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy snacks), Kombucha on tap, light-filled space, Sonos workplace, ergonomic desk setup, and the occasional taco truck.
- MacBook Pro provided
- Unlimited vacation/PTO
- Generous equity package
- Full health benefits – medical/dental/vision
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
WELL is dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.