At ConsenSys we have a vision of a world where data sovereignty and financial well-being is accessible to every person and organization. We believe Ethereum and decentralized protocol technology is a more trustworthy and equitable foundation for how we create and share value across the web. On this trusted, open source foundation, we can accelerate the world’s transition to a universally accessible network of distributed participants where transparency, security and freedom are fundamental.
Our product suite, composed of Truffle, Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. As the leading Ethereum software company, ConsenSys enables developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. To learn more about ConsenSys, and explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
Why join ConsenSys?
Remote first. You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from many different countries and cultures. Want to work remotely? Go ahead. Or pop into one of our offices? We’ve got you covered in NYC, DC, Dublin, London, Paris, Brisbane and Hong Kong.
Flexible working arrangements. You can create your own journey with flexible schedules and locations. We believe everyone has the right to control their own freedom. Our people can make their own schedule, own their own time, and we encourage you to travel and work from anywhere in the world.
Continuous learning and opportunities. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. To support your development we pay for you to learn by offering unlimited access to Coursera, a platform with thousands of courses for you to learn whatever you want, and acquire new skills.
Unlimited vacation/holidays. We value downtime to recharge and reset ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. Company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days every quarter to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. Work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
About Vertical Applications Group and your role
Vertical Applications Group is looking for a Product Analyst – Research and Development to join the growing ConsenSys software community. You will wear many hats, contribute to many projects, and adapt to the needs of a growing organization.
Help us advance decentralised finance for our target users: consumers, institutions, crypto organisations, enterprise fintech infrastructure providers, and developers. Ethereum has reached certain capacity limitations, with more expensive fees and congestion; this requires “scaling solutions” often referred to as Layer 2, to improve network capacity and user experience. As new solutions emerge, we need you to be our knowledge source on foundational topics focusing on two areas. You should have and maintain a good understanding of …
- … off-chain scaling, with an eye toward rollups (ZK and optimistic) — which vary significantly between different implementations, and
- … bridges as technology to enable users to transfer assets across different rollups or alternative layer1s
What you’ll do
- Research: Maintain deep technical understanding of crypto and blockchain technologies around scaling trends, products, and protocols. Develop research briefs on existing positions and prospective investments. Identify product gaps and opportunities.
- Shape strategy: Survey the market and identify trends (what has happened in the market and why for your product / product area). Conduct one-off analyses to inform decisions around product strategy, project prioritization, and product behavior.
- Experiment with growth: working with design, data, and other teams, formulate hypotheses, create low fi mock ups and prototypes, conduct user testing and A/B experiments, and synthesize learnings to inform development.
Would be great if you checked these boxes
- 3-5+ years of software product management experience
- Familiarity with processes (e.g. Agile, Scrum), and tools (e.g. JIRA, Notion, Figma, GitHub, MixPanel)
- Excellent communication, relationship management and organizational skills
- Data-driven, user-focused, and analytical
- Methodical prioritization and problem solving skills
- Entrepreneurial with a growth mindset; independently driven, constantly learning, always improving
- Passion for decentralized finance and the Consensys mission; interest in blockchain and cryptocurrency
- Team player, inclusive leader, open to feedback, and transparent with intentions.
- Previous experience in remote or globally distributed teams
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.