Nav is democratizing small business financing. In other words, we give small business owners access and control. Yes, this challenges the norm, but it means working with curious, purpose-driven, dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our company, and the community to the next level (and every level after that). We are the people behind the tech. And when it’s good, we look for better. We don’t overthink the value we bring nor spend time trying to revamp mantras. We also do not come up with some crafty way to tell you who we are and what we offer. We are Nav! Here, you’ll gain a wealth of experience, learn the tricks of the trade, and work with winners. All companies say people are connected to their mission but in our case, our mission and our people are one — it is a way of being not just a cause you are committed to. And since 2013, Nav has holistically and organically developed its own ideology because Nav can only be Nav.
As a Product Copywriter on our marketing team at Nav, you’ll bring the Nav brand to life and promote our products clearly and accurately to small business owners, across all of Nav’s owned and paid media channels. This role balances creative, analytical, and strategic thinking. Whether you’re introducing our brand and products to small business owners for the very first time or engaging with our loyal base, you know how to tackle each challenge with customer empathy and a keen eye for conversion touchpoints that reflect who Nav is as a brand.
WHAT WE EMPOWER YOU WITH
- Break the mold! We will push your creativity to the limits and challenge you to think outside the box.
- Bringing the Nav financial health platform features and benefits to life through, clear, compelling copy that furthers the brand narrative.
- Coordinating the review process of your own copy through stakeholders (product, marketing, legal and compliance, UX), and thoughtfully incorporating additional insights to optimize your copy and generate the best result for the end user.
- Being a critical member of our team. We consider copy a strategic advantage and a key part of the customer experience. You will conceive and articulate copy that’s customer-friendly, on strategy, and that creatively brings our Nav brand tone and voice to life.
- Contributing to the evolution of our content strategy. You’ll be instrumental in both improving existing product copy and developing the new language to support Nav’s expanding portfolio of small business solutions.
- Upholding our brand tone and voice across touchpoints. You’ll contribute and drive the standardization of our content and copy approach and be an advocate for consistency as we align around our guidelines.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Your portfolio demonstrates excellent conceptual thinking that clearly describes the most essential parts of the subject matter. The ability to show this consistently across several mediums (email, landing page copy, display, SMS/push notifications, mobile app copy, etc.) is a huge plus.
- You’re familiar with or have experience with UX writing best practices and your copy reflects your understanding of the user experience.
- You’re strategic in your approach to product copy, combining analytical and creative elements to position the brand competitively and build market share.
- You’re a copywriter at your core, but you think beyond the basic best practices to ensure you’re delivering work that ties into the greater brand story.
- You have a superior understanding and application of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and syntax (AP style preferred).
- You’re confident presenting work back to stakeholders and guiding them to a recommendation based on the best solutions for the audience.
- You have worked across multiple functions to create compelling messaging and copy, including product, marketing, sales, design, and C-Suite
- You are data-driven, love to test new ideas, and feed off of small (and big wins) moving the needle with your copy.
- You’re experienced at building out copy testing strategies and pushing for continuous testing and learning.
- Experience within fintech, banking, lending, financing, and/or small business is a plus but not required.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are passionate about solving problems and have a strong desire to deliver the best end-to-end user experience.
- You appreciate the beauty of written words. You are a master at flexing writing styles and tone to match your context and audience.
- You’re a mix of art and science. You utilize data and creative gusto to inform copy strategy and deliver impactful messaging that transforms users into long-term customers.
- You make it your business to know as much as you can about the people you are writing for and make copy decisions based on their needs.
- You don’t get overwhelmed or flustered easily. You’re able to keep track of multiple projects at once, manage your time efficiently, and communicate scheduling with your manager and your broader team.
- You’re attentive to detail but also able to see the big picture.
- You’re collaborative and curious, capable of doing deep discovery work to understand user needs before you start writing.
At Nav, we celebrate what makes our employees unique because the businesses we serve are progressively diverse and distinctly original. Navericks are diverse, side hustlers, immigrants, veterans, queer, and we push generational boundaries. We are college dropouts, PhDs, special needs parents, allies, pet owners and community leaders. Navericks are human. We are committed to upholding a safe, supportive environment where everyone matters. We are committed to making a better future for all of us. We have created a workplace where people of all backgrounds can express their identities authentically. To put it simply, we want you to be proud to be you.
Our Compensation Philosophy is Simple but Powerful
We believe great, enduring relationships are grounded in trust and transparency. Compensation shouldn’t be a distraction, and employees should understand how pay and career advancement decisions are made. Providing equal pay for equal work is table stakes for being a great place to work. Gender and ethnic inequality should only be something that our children read about in history books. We believe providing Navsters with company ownership, competitive pay, and a range of meaningful benefits is the start of creating a culture where people want to give the best they’ve got — not because they’re simply making money, but because they’ve fallen in love with our vision, mission, values, and team.
Our Impact On You
Competitive Pay. Company Ownership. Unlimited Vacation. Benefits Day One. 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave. Work From Anywhere (yes we were distributed before it was cool). Flexible Work Arrangements. Free Telehealth and Telemental Health For All Employees. Employee Networking and Events. Community Network Groups (women’s, PRIDE, culture). Meaningful Perks and Rewards. Learning and Development Opportunities. Pet Insurance.
A Naverick’s DNA
- We look at the future and say “why not”; we see possibilities where others see problems or routines. We show the way ahead and are committed to achieving ambitious goals.
- We practice straight talk and listen generously to each other with empathy. We value different opinions and points of view. We ensure that we connect outside as well as inside to learn from others and inspire each other.
- We hold ourselves accountable for delivering results. We choose to not to be a victim of circumstance. We make decisions & take responsibility so that we can act & support each other, rather than adopting defensive, and “finger pointing” behaviors.
- As leaders we motivate & engage our teams to undertake beyond what they originally thought possible, by developing our teams & creating the conditions for people to grow and empower themselves through enabling & coaching.