Fundrise offers a wonderful in-person environment at our Washington, DC headquarters if that’s what you are looking for as well as a fully-remote option, including company-paid access to WeWork, from any location in the United States.
Our mission at Fundrise is to allow everyone access to a technology driven, diversified portfolio of institutional-quality real estate. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $2.4 billion from investors in all 50 states and has been honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies and the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies. We’ve also been recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Design Manager who is excited to help build, coach, and mentor a quickly growing and highly skilled group of designers across a wide range of levels. The ideal candidate has a wealth of experience building products, collaborating with product leadership, and is influential in setting strategy and hiring the right individuals. This individual will be highly impactful in setting the vision and direction for our investor experience, and expanding the career opportunities for those they manage.
- Lead design on a quickly growing and business-critical team
- Have strong perspectives on, and advocate for a user-centered design process
- Maintain metrics-minded goals that help translate and parse higher level business objectives into ones that product design can impact
- Partner with product and engineering counterparts to define and improve processes
- Showcase and celebrate your team’s work across the company
- Understand and manage the resourcing needs of several squads to hire and develop talent where needed
- Mentor junior team members, and enable more senior ones to do their best work
- Engage directly with customers to understand their wants and needs
- 6+ years of experience shipping impactful product design work
- 1+ year managing other designersGreat communication skills and ability to collaborate with people from a variety of backgrounds
- A low-ego, team-first mentality
- A bias for action, and a willingness to make it work in situations where you may have more or fewer resources at your disposal
- A portfolio that showcases your track record and dedication to continuous improvement
- Can give and receive design critique effectively
- Desire to work in a high-growth startup environment
- Experience with and a preference for designing mobile-first, and designing across platforms
- Experience with user research initiatives including moderated and unmoderated
- Experience working within a component library system, and a demonstrated critical eye toward system maintenance and improvement
- Excitement for working on a consumer-facing fintech product, and an understanding of how consumer-facing product design is different from designing for b2b, enterprise, or internal tools
- Proven track record contributing to design recruiting and employer branding
Applications without a portfolio (a website or pdf is acceptable) will not be considered.
Benefits at Fundrise
• Great medical, dental, and vision insurance with coverage of 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, dependent care, and parking
• 401(k) with 3% contributed by Fundrise, regardless of whether you are actively contributing yourself
• Fully covered life insurance and short-term disability
• Significant equity via our employee stock grant program
• Company-paid access to WeWork
• Gympass benefit including mental health resources
• Udemy license for on-demand continuous learning content
• Quarterly Book Initiative to select two books from a curated list related to a different topic each quarter
• Flexible PTO
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid parental leave