Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site.
We’re looking for a passionate Product Design Manager to support an experienced and diverse team of Product Designers within Hotjar. Reporting to our Director of Experience Design, you’ll mentor each team member, guiding them within their professional growth at Hotjar. You’ll also ensure solutions that solve real users’ needs and increase engagement metrics.
Hotjar is a flourishing startup that gives thousands of website owners, teams, and professionals the tools needed to discover how their visitors are really using their sites. This is an excellent remote career opportunity within our Product & Engineering department, playing an essential part in delivering the next wins for Hotjar.
- Lead an inclusive team of accomplished Product Designers, within an open and feedback-driven environment.
- Coach and inspire your team towards success, ensuring a clear career development path at Hotjar.
- Be the voice of the user to help the team provide the right solution, at the right time.
- Oversee the work happening across squads in your tribe. Ensure understanding, unblock barriers, and set up your team for success.
- Partner with P&E Leadership to ensure both strategic and tactical priorities are well-defined, and set up to achieve a high impact.
- Help squads and tribes determine priorities and set up OKRs to create successful results. Guide individuals to goals completion.
- Collaborate with Experience Design leadership to provide a consistent experience in all our Hotjar touch-points, while allowing the team to design at scale.
- Introduce common practices, processes, and design frameworks to promote operational excellence in our team.
- Your level of experience in product design and user-centric practices means you are both knowledgeable about, and able to implement industry best practices.
- You’ve built and led diverse and inclusive teams, with experience mentoring designers, supporting each team member’s progress in their professional career.
- Mastery in the entire product development process, from discovery through to delivery and monitoring of the solution.
- Experience driving deliverables across groups and teams, multiple squads, and tribes.
- Experience managing a team that builds UI at scale
- Experience leading user testing sessions and validating design efforts.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture, and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €90,000 to €120,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we also provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks.