Poll Everywhere is a 60-person growing b2B SaaS company. Over the last decade, our company has worked to transform presentations into two-way conversations. Our mission now is to make presentations more inclusive. Presenters from Google, Target, AT&T, and thousands more trust Poll Everywhere at their most vulnerable moments: in front of an audience. Our product creates interactive questions, word clouds, and discussions to gather instant feedback in a style that goes beyond a simple Q&A forum. In short, we have a product that helps companies communicate better, and it’s worth paying for. We’re driven to honor this trust.
At Poll Everywhere, we strive to create learning opportunities for those who are proactive. Personal development and collaboration is an important part of how we decide to form our teams, not just who is available or most familiar with a potential project.
As a product designer at Poll Everywhere, you’ll be working with a small team of designers, engineers and product managers to ship new features and improve our existing products. You’ll get to know our customers and understand their challenges via interviews, product data and your weekly customer service hour. You’ll keep their needs in mind while working towards the ultimate goal of solving their problems. You also take into account Poll Everywhere’s design system, technical constraints, production costs, as well as the team of engineers and product managers you’re collaborating with to implement your designs.
When you’re not building products alongside a feature team, you’re improving the design process and your craft with a small group of talented and passionate designers. You’ll look critically at our processes, tooling, and design systems to determine what to cut and add to make the design team succeed.
What you’ll be doing
- Working day-to-day alongside engineers and product managers to ship solutions to our customers.
- Share your work, show your process. You’ll have ample opportunities to show your work at bi-weekly visual standup meetings, stakeholder meetings, company town hall and while collaborating with product teams.
- Inspire and mentor fellow designers, engineers, and stakeholders to play an active role in our design process. While you are solving design problems within a feature team, you’ll be teaching teammates about design.
- Refine and iterate your designs through a balance of data and gut.
- Bring your work to life with Figma, the Poll Everywhere design system, user testing tools, and modern prototyping tools.
- Show humility in seeking feedback, balanced with enough grit to advocate for the people who use our product.
- Solicit, build, socialize and test highly effective, attractive user-focused interfaces across various use cases including responsive web layouts, desktop applications, and data visualizations.
- Solve new and existing challenges related to usability, user flow, and information architecture with close attention to detail and a foundation in relevant experience, research, and systematic, logical thinking.
- Maintain and contribute to Poll Everywhere Design System.
- User-centric design – consider contexts, form-factors, accessibility
- Tools – Proficient in Figma, Usability Hub (or similar user testing software)
- Experienced – Minimum 3-5 years experience
- Background – design degree preferred but not required
- Business-minded – understand design’s impact on retention, revenue
- Hobbies – you’re involved in the community or have an interesting side-project
- Interest in how design gets shipped – Prototyping, development, curiosity, constraints (this role works very closely with Engineering)
- Ship your work – Work closely with Product, Growth and Developers to help you execute
- Communication – Clearly articulate your ideas over chat, email, or in presentations to the company
What we offer:
- Generous PTO – that you’re expected to actually use
- $150/month internet & cell phone reimbursement
- Monthly coffee or tea subscription
- $1,000 annual self-development budget
- $500 work from home stipend to help you set up your remote work life for success
- Once we are able to safely reunite as an entire company, we will resume our biannual company retreats and quarterly visits for remote employees.
Our users come from all kinds of communities, and so do PollEvians. We want to work with great people from a wide variety of backgrounds who put a lot of care and pride into their work. We’re committed to providing you with opportunities to learn, and we’re looking to hire people with good judgment.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications or check off all the boxes, you should still seriously consider applying. An important part of our interview process is understanding why this position and our mission particularly resonated with you.
Application Process: Keep applications brief; we want small resumes with relevant experience. Be prepared to defend any laundry lists of skills. Principals only, please. We aren’t using contingency staffing agencies at the moment. Poll Everywhere is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.