Computers are the most powerful tools to exist in the history of humanity. Today, only a relative few—professional software developers—can use this superpower to its fullest extent. This has created an unbalanced world where there are programmers and those who consume their programs. Replit is changing that dynamic by bringing the next billion software creators online.
We’re looking for Product Designers who share our vision of democratizing the power of computation.
As a Product Designer, you will:
- Design and improve features across our product that make learning, writing, sharing, and discovering programs easier for our userbase. You’ll work across fidelities: from sketches to user flows all the way to production-ready design.
- Imagine & invent new form factors for programming and interacting with code. We’re invested in making programming easier through radically new form factors and technology like live collaboration, programming on any device, using ML to explain and fix code, and more.
- Work closely with our product and growth teams to understand what design approaches are succeeding and where the highest-impact points of leverage are to unlock growth for our userbase.
- Test and validate your ideas and designs by talking to users, prototyping ideas, and researching
- Understand the product requirements and success criteria for the features you work on.
- Partner closely with an elite team of engineers. To become one of the largest open computing platforms in the world, we had to build a resilient and scalable infrastructure. You’ll work closely with Product Engineers to improve, create and launch features.
You qualify if:
- You have 1+ years of experience as an individual contributor on a product/interaction design team.
- You are comfortable collaborating with other designers, engineers, and product managers.
- You have a portfolio that displays your skills in interface & interaction design and product ideation.
- You have a deep understanding of building accessible and modular designs that scale to millions of people.
- You are resourceful: We’re a lean, efficient startup where you won’t find heavy-handed management. You need to be able to come up with your own goals and know how to balance velocity and quality.
Note that the listed qualifications are approximations. If you’re a talented individual but don’t exactly fit the requirements, get in touch anyway.
Applicants must be geographically located -/+ 4 hours from the Pacific Time Zone.