Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re creating Product Experience Insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast.
This position is to join the Engage & Retain tribe, the one responsible for the core product. Reporting to a Product Design Lead, we are looking for a Product Designer who is passionate about creating elegant solutions to complex problems, to help design the future of Hotjar – a solution used by thousands of users worldwide. Product Designers play an important role here by creating simple, engaging experiences, and iteratively improving the user journey. We appreciate designers who think in systems, are eager to validate their work, can communicate effectively, and love collaboration and feedback.
Hotjar is a flourishing startup that gives thousands of website owners, teams, and professionals the tools needed to discover how their visitors are really using their sites. This is an excellent remote career opportunity within our Product & Engineering department, playing an important part in delivering the next wins for Hotjar.
As a Product Designer you will:
- Create thoughtful and appropriate solutions to design challenges of all sizes, by translating research insights into simple and engaging user interfaces that satisfy user needs, business requirements, and technical constraints.
- Translate wireframes and experiences into high-fidelity visual composites with attention to interaction design, following style and brand guidelines.
- Work within a multidisciplinary product team, leading the design process, facilitating design discussions, and validating product/experience changes.
- Produce and impress customers with engaging first-time experiences; impact our activation customer rate.
- Work on transversal initiatives to create a consistent experience across the Hotjar product portfolio.
- A proven track record for building and testing delightful products and user experiences.
- Ability in the entire product development process, from research and problem solving through user testing to detailed UI and visual design.
- Experience prototyping ideas quickly and iterate using tools such as Figma, Framer, Principle, etc.
- A mindset that thinks big and starts small.
- Experience collaborating effectively with engineers.
- A desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture, and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is either €65,000 to €85,000 annually, where the offer typically falls in the range of €65,000 to €75,000. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks valued at more than €10,000 a year, plus stock options and 40 days of vacation. These have been chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the annual leave and Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product, and our company, better.