otCMS is seeking a Product Designer to work with our Research and Development team.
We’re proud to be 100% remote! dotCMS has been fully remote for over a decade and as an employee, you may work remotely from any location that is compatible with standard U.S. business hours. Please note that we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time. Additionally, this is a full-time role, and we are not accepting part-time contractors or C2C candidates.
As a Product Designer, you will contribute to the user experience strategy by collaborating with marketing and product managers to manage design activities.
- Identify areas of opportunity to advance design and user experience by working with UX team and product managers.
- Utilize wireframes, prototypes, sketches, user flows, mockups, high-fidelity visual designs, and any other artifacts you believe are necessary to convey your design thinking and ideas.
- Solve complex problems with simple, industry-leading user interface design
- Articulate design activities and forecasts with the project team
- Be responsible for Hands-on project work as a designer.
- Handoff design for developers
- Create, maintain and enforce Design Systems or Component Libraries
- 3+ years of experience in communications, human factors, information sciences, graphic and visual arts
- 3+ years of experience with interactive product design and design planning
- Visually / graphically fluent with highly creative, brand-building experience.
- Detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture.
- Care deeply about creating a useful, usable, and desirable product.
- Experience designing in new and emerging digital media.
- Demonstrated ability to create visual consistency of design, look and feel across the product.
- Current and relevant experience with trends affecting digital interactive product design (e.g. mobile, responsive design, etc.)
- Advanced English (written and spoken)
- Material Design
Your Compensation. We offer competitive compensation that allows you to make a great living for yourself and your loved ones. Full time employees are also eligible to share in the success of our company through our equity package.
Your Team. We are a humble, competitive, and small vendor making waves in our industry, and you will be part of a team that has your back. You never walk alone! We are a diverse and distributed team, and we offer annual company paid training and development to our employees.
Your Voice. Your voice matters to all of us, and we appreciate your opinion as we scale our company to the next level in an open and transparent environment. We will periodically update the entire team on business performance and strategic initiatives and offer the stage for an entrepreneurial-minded professional to produce key initiatives that help to move the needle.
Your Benefits. We offer a comprehensive medical/dental/vision plan with 100% monthly premium coverage for employees. Additionally, we also offer 16 weeks of paid parental leave, STD and LTD.
Your Office. We are a 100% remote work company. We value you as an individual, team member, and professional. We can only expect you to deliver high-performance with the right amount of You-time, therefore you will be a full-time contract employee who can enjoy an unlimited PTO policy and a generous amount of paid company holidays.
dotCMS is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.