An opportunity to design technology that’s mobilizing our nation’s future.
Big yellow school buses. You see them everywhere, but did you know they are often managed by pen and paper? At BusRight we’re making school buses safer and more efficient for students, families, schools, and communities nationwide. Design is at the center of how we are transforming this archaic industry into the 21st century. We believe design should be at the forefront of our company, product decisions, and development conversations.
As our first full-time Product Designer, you will be instrumental in setting the precedent for how design operates within BusRight by establishing design frameworks and building out our user experience across our suite of web and mobile apps. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to help set company direction and influence transportation innovation.
- Establish the design for new features across our product suite such as data visualizations, safe mobile driver navigation, and printable route sheets
- Conduct user research, identify user-pain points, and collaborate with the growth team to connect design decisions with business objectives
- Empathize with and learn from our core user groups (transportation directors, school bus drivers, school administrators, and parents) through in-person visits and video calls
- Executing on all phases of the design process from ideation to prototyping, user testing, and final developer hand-off
- Sharing wireframes during Design Partner calls with industry leaders and incorporating feedback into UX decisions
- Using analytics and user testing results to make data-driven decisions in collaboration with a Product Manager, balancing new features with product refinements
- Proficient in prototyping and designing in Figma or a comparable tool
- Experience leading a significantly complex project and working with developers in an agile environment
- Able to think critically and spearhead the implementation of design processes – user interviews, A/B testing, user testing, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Gets excited about the ability to empower users through intuitive product experiences
- Bonus points if you have a basic understanding of HTML/CSS
- Embody our values, more here
We’re growing and looking to hire people from a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences – and are hiring across the world. We want to hear from you if you’re interested in our mission, even if you’re not a perfect match for what’s in this job description.