Articulate is looking for a product designer who can create engaging customer experiences in our award-winning e-learning authoring application, Storyline 360.
Storyline 360 lets customers create incredible learning experiences that empower millions of learners to be successful and progress in their careers. We’ve become the market leader in our space through thoughtfully designed products that enable our customers to create rich, interactive training with no coding skills required.
If you’re a multi-talented individual who thinks about product development holistically, with great UX instincts and an eye for detail, you’ve come to the right place.
As a member of our team, you’ll work with our customers to understand their requirements and help scope out new features, create high fidelity wireframes and interactive prototypes, and work directly with our development teams to bring them to life. We’re a small product team, so while your main focus will be Storyline 360, you’ll need to be comfortable shifting gears and jumping on whatever’s needed.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct early stage qualitative user research and find the common threads in customer feedback.
- Develop a nuanced understanding of customer problems, and figure out how to solve them elegantly and intuitively.
- Create well thought-out high fidelity wireframes, personas, journey maps, interactive prototypes, and other deliverables to communicate your ideas to the team.
- Partner with key internal stakeholders, including our executive team, to refine and improve your ideas throughout the design and implementation process.
- Work closely with our engineering teams to take the features you are working on from initial deliverables through to public beta and release.
What you should have:
- Experienced product designer with at least 5 years’ professional experience. Prior experience working on complex web and/or desktop productivity applications is a plus.
- A self-directed, motivated individual who can work at varying degrees of abstraction – from the big picture right down to the details of a single interaction.
- A human-centered design thinker capable of making well-reasoned design decisions that address real use cases while being mindful of existing design patterns, technical constraints and business goals.
- A passionate customer advocate, comfortable conducting remote and in-person research and interpreting detailed customer feedback.
- An effective communicator and team contributor, who is confident presenting their ideas as well as giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Preferred skills in Sketch, inVision, Principle, Photoshop or Illustrator
Articulate Global, LLC, is the leading SaaS provider of creator platforms for online workplace training. Founded by Adam Schwartz in 2002 and led by CEO Lucy Suros, Articulate provides creator tools and services that make it simple for enterprises and SMBs to develop, deliver, and analyze online workplace training that’s engaging and effective.
Increasingly, organizations must reskill employees for ever-changing remote and hybrid work environments, create learning cultures that attract and retain employees in a tight labor market, and use training to build more equitable, empowering, and engaging workplaces. Articulate helps organizations address these critical business needs with its creator platform for workplace training. Articulate 360—a suite of creator tools for online courses—was named the 7th most-loved product in the world by TrustRadius. And Rise—an all-in-one online training system that makes online training easy to create, enjoyable to take, and simple to manage—is the first creator platform for SMBs and departments within the enterprise. Articulate has more than 106,000 customers in 161 countries and counts all 100 of the Fortune 100 companies as customers.
Named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces 2020 and a leader in building a human-centered organization, Articulate is guided by a commitment to provide the best value to customers, do right by employees, and create an equitable, empowering workplace for all. As a human-centered organization, we honor people’s humanity knowing that each person’s unique history, vulnerabilities, and social location inform how we show up with one another. We embrace our connectedness, aware that what we do and say impacts others. We give each other grace because we are all works in progress, learning and evolving every day. And we take responsibility for ourselves and are serious about our accountability to each other. In all we do, we strive to create an equitable, sustainable, and empowering workplace while we drive results for the business and make a positive impact in the world. Read more about our values here.
Articulate welcomes different voices and viewpoints and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, native language, pregnancy status, physical size, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.