AngelList Talent – Our mission is to bring world-changing teams together.
Today, AngelList Talent is the world’s largest network of startup talent. Over 100,000 startups of all sizes — from Flexport to Figma to Facebook — have used AngelList Talent to build their teams. In 2018, over two million candidates—from CTOs to interns—used our tools to apply for jobs, while millions more used them to research their next move.
AngelList Talent operates independently alongside AngelList Venture and Product Hunt. Each company within the AngelList family is focused on addressing a challenge to startup success: building the right team, connecting with the right investors, or launching your next product.
Behind the scenes, AngelList Talent is a tight-knit group of engineers, designers, and PMs. Together, we’re building a new generation of tools to help individuals discover startups they believe in and to support those startups through every step of building their teams. We are supported by the best Sales, Operations, and Marketing teams around.
We’re also creating a unique engineering culture where engineers and designers define and ship products together. Teams are small and built on mutual respect, high trust, and low management.
Learn more about our product engineering team here: angel.co/blog/product-engineering-at-angellist-talent
At AngelList Talent, we look for engineering talent from every background, discipline, and geography. Diversity in skills and life experience make our team stronger and give us the tools to understand our diverse user base.
How You’ll Work
At AngelList Talent, we ship fast, but we ship to learn. We work with startups and candidates to create the best team-building and job-seeking experiences possible. We’re also doing this at scale. We’ve made over a million connections between companies and candidates in just this last year.
As a Product Engineer, you will work with a talented and growing engineering team that is building the world’s foremost startup jobs marketplace. Engineers and designers at AngelList Talent take direct product ownership and influence product decisions on a daily basis.
Specifically you will:
* Work within the cross-functional (engineering, design, ops, sales) to iterate on existing products and invent new ones
* Take ownership of projects and manage multiple priorities against deadlines
* Work comfortably with user and growth metrics
* Take responsibility for the code you own and improve our codebase with your presence
* Work like a founder (angel.co/blog/we-hire-folks-who-work-like-founders)
Who You’ll Work With
AngelList Talent has a talented and growing engineering team. Here are just a few of them:
* Tiffany — angel.co/tiffany
* Drew — angel.co/drewlustro
* Kenny — angel.co/kenny
You’ll work with Sales, Operations, and Marketing to understand our users and launch new features:
* Kelly — angel.co/kelly
* Lexi — angel.co/lexi
* Emily — angel.co/emily-inverso
And many others — airtable.com/shrAAuVMHFM00buwR/tblJjU91vFsSvjBCL
What We Look For
Our engineering team comes from a range of backgrounds including former founders, consultants, hardware engineers, and product managers. We’re all extremely self-motivated and care deeply about product and its users.
If you’re interested in joining us, but don’t tick every box below, we’d still encourage you to apply. Here are a few things we’re looking for:
* Strong full stack engineering skills
* Experience building and shipping web applications
* A track record of launching successful projects
* Comfort with, and curiosity about, working outside of a traditional narrow engineering role
* Entrepreneurship or small startup experience
* Drive to achieve business goals
* Ability to handle uncertainty and ambiguity well: you can come to resolutions and plans of action without enough information
* Self-motivation: you work best with a high level of ownership and responsibility.
* Deep product sense: you want to build products that help make people more successful. You have insight into why some products succeed and others don’t.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
Perks and Benefits:
* Employee equity plan
* Eat for free while you’re at work
* Buy whatever hardware setup you need to be effective
* Work from home / remotely whenever you need to, or want to
* Unlimited vacation
* Comprehensive health, dental, vision, and fertility plans
* Between 12 and 22 weeks of paid parental leave
* Generous fitness and commuter packages
* Annual company offsite
* Dog-friendly workplace
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.