6 River Systems (6RS) is a Shopify (SHOP) company leading the way to faster fulfillment. E-commerce has changed the world and our solutions power winning warehouses of the future. We’re revolutionizing warehouse automation with collaborative mobile robots driven by artificial intelligence and advanced cloud-based software.
Our culture is built on trust, smarts, and collaboration. We have a West Coast vibe with Northeast drive. As a team, we encourage open discussion about particularly challenging problems. We are as passionate about hiring the right people as we are about building great products for our customers in the Retail, Manufacturing and 3PL space.
As a Product Manager you will support our company vision in building and managing capabilities that impact our systems and increase transparency for customer trust. You will drive key decisions about our products and roadmap as we build a Global Fulfillment Network for eCommerce operations. You will help manage the end-to-end product management lifecycle, from ideation and requirements gathering, to prioritization, implementation & measurement. To achieve this you will work in close partnership with the Operations, Software and Hardware development, User Experience, Data Insights and customer-facing teams. Building and communicating a compelling business case, highlighting tensions/trade-offs and influencing stakeholders from across the business will be paramount in successfully delivering your product vision.
In a “typical” day you could be working with our Customer Solutions team on gathering requirements for new features, partnering with the User Experience team to get customer feedback on new designs, conducting market research, writing detailed user stories and requirements, and refining those user stories with your engineering squad. Our environment/culture is fast-paced, collaborative, and encourages innovation and creativity. The ideal candidate will be able to grow with the company and take on additional leadership roles over time. This is a unique opportunity; you will have an immediate impact on the success and growth of our company.
This role reports to the Product Director of Fulfillment Technology and is an integral part of our fast-growing Product team.
- You will be accountable for delivering meaningful business outcomes, positively impacting customers & operations in the inventory and quality assurance space.
- Own and drive all aspects of the product lifecycle including stakeholder engagement/management, product ideation, definition and prioritization, overseeing development and implementation, and ongoing strategic roadmap management
- Be the customer champion, using data and customer feedback to inform product and roadmap decisions
- Communicate your product vision and roadmap to key stakeholders throughout the organization–influencing to attain support and resources to execute
- Partner closely with the user experience team and other product managers, ensuring all dependencies on each other are known, tracked, and completed on time; ensure all proposed changes to the front-end are reviewed by stakeholders, feedback is incorporated, and changes are communicated to impacted internal teams prior to launch
- Validate ideas and designs using qualitative feedback, A/B tests, and product performance metrics
- 4+ years experience in product management
- Prior demonstrated impact with measurable outcomes of your products with minimal oversight.
- Ability to identify, articulate and drive tension and trade off discussions
- Successful experience working across multiple stakeholders and peer product teams
- Skilled at prioritization, scheduling, critical path management, status reporting, and stakeholder communication and management
- High attention to detail and accuracy along with the ability to prioritize conflicting requirements in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Highly organized; happy juggling many things at once and good at time management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to concisely summarize key findings
- Strong relationship-building and collaboration skills; able to influence others and push back in order to achieve larger company goals
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and “get it done” attitude
- Familiarity with Agile software development; Kanban is a major plus
- A background in user testing and/or project management is a plus
Position will be remote Digital by Default, our headquarters in Waltham, MA.
Position requires some travel (<20%) to Shopify fulfillment & customer sites in North America and Europe.
Why 6RS? Recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work
- Entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up combined with the stability of a global commerce company
- Competitive compensation packages and Shopify RSUs
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for all employees
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Annual 401k contribution from the company
- Lifestyle spending account
About 6 River Systems
Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfilment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot. To learn more, visit www.6river.com.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more. For more information, visit www.shopify.com.