$90k – $110k • No equity
Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media brand that delivers news and insights about bitcoin and crypto to millions of investors.
Our editorial site, newsletters, podcasts and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets.
About the Role:
As our first Product Manager, you will work with our Co-founder to own the product vision, breaking it down from big ideas into bite size chunks. In other words, you’re the liaison between the business goals and the technical implementation.
You should have a clear and detailed understanding of the product direction and what needs to be done to meet those goals. You will be a resource to the developers, making sure they’re working on the highest priority items with all the information they need to complete them. You will come to understand our competitors and our users so you can generate ideas for new features and products. You should have 2+ years of relevant experience.
We want to find the best person for the role regardless of where you are located. This role is open for candidates who are working remote as well as candidates who prefer to work from our New York City office.
What You’ll Do:
- Help create quarterly Objectives and Key Result
- Define 3-4 main objectives for the upcoming quarter
- Define 2-3 key results per objective in order to measure our success of the quarter
- Run the weekly Task Replenishment meeting with developers
- Create new cards/tasks to satisfy the goals of the quarter
- Prioritize cards based on what’s next and most important
- Review the acceptance criteria (detailed descriptions) on cards with the developers to make sure the entire team understands the details and has the information they need to complete the task
- Create mockups for cards as needed. They need some design/UX skills
- Develop a detailed competitor analysis
- Understand all the features our competitors have implemented
- Monitor competitors for new features and decide if we want to implement something similar
- Learn ways we can differentiate ourselves from our competitors
- Develop a detailed understanding of what needs and desires our users have
- Understand the mentality of our users and create personas for each type of user
- Come up with ideas for new features/products based on what would best satisfy our users
Salary & Benefits
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive pay
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Remote work-station stipend
- Training & development
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings (even while remote!)
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- Commuter benefits
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com