Location: flexible within the United States; some travel may be required
(Travel is contingent upon organizational/state/federal regulations)
Position is available: immediately
WHO WE ARE
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools – both district and charter – in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partners. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through org-wide professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
We are seeking a Product Manager to join our Product team and play a central role in defining, building, evangelizing, and continuously improving ANet’s product line in service of educational equity. The ideal candidate will have a passion for understanding and meeting user needs, with experience in developing and launching online products and web applications in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment. We are seeking a combination of strong vision, high-velocity execution, and relentless bias for action. The Product Manager will report to the Head of Product.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Ensure teachers and leaders see meaningful impact from our myANet platform by leading a thoughtful product development process end-to-end
● Continually tune and validate hypotheses for how to increase the impact of myANet through ongoing product discovery. In addition to user analytics, engage directly with users through discovery interviews and usability testing
● Collaborate with UX/Design to define user flows and designs. Ensure designs reinforce strong instructional practice that can standalone without active support. Facilitate the collaboration with engineering
● Develop and manage the roadmap and resource allocation. Communicate a clear and compelling vision to engineering, deliver actionable requirements, scope and design creative solutions, articulate detailed feature definitions, and actively monitor progress and re-prioritize to mitigate risk
● Support our sustainability by identifying legacy functionality that no longer delivers value for users
● Coordinate the product launch across ANet’s functions. Ensure market readiness by defining success criteria, roles for the organization, and analyzing analytics during rollout
● Mature the product by analyzing user data during launch and prioritizing feedback, reported bugs, and revisiting deprioritized features
Help mature the Product Management function at ANet
● Establish, and evangelize, structures for collaboration across ANet’s functions that enable successful product discovery, development, and launch
● Contribute to the design of a product learning trajectory that builds the teams skills and perspectives on core product management competencies
● Prioritize research to stay abreast of market trends, key issues, competitors, and partner offerings
● Participate in, evaluate, and make recommendations for how to improve structures and cadences with engineering and QA teams to increase our effectiveness as a product organization
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role and at ANet, candidates must demonstrate the following:
● You have about 10 years of overall experience with at least 4 years as a product manager which has provided you with a strong understanding of product discovery and development practices.
● You have a strong understanding of a variety of software development practices, a good intuition for complexity level estimation for different types of software requests, and the ability to quickly and thoroughly reach super-user status with a variety of software solutions.
● You’re adept at digging into a variety of data sources, and developing insights that drive your decision making.
● You are a strong project manager who knows how to manage complex technical projects across a diverse set of collaborators, even in ambiguous contexts.
● You are a natural facilitator and able to engage meaningfully with a variety of stakeholders including technical experts, senior leaders, customers, vendors, and content experts.
● You have a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels.
● You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily. You are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet’s Advance Equity and People Matter values, and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization.
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
● You have foundational knowledge of K-12 education and bring prior experience with products used by students, educators, or school and system leaders.
WHAT WE OFFER
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Times “Best Nonprofits to Work For” and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
We offer comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: medical, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; generous paid time-off including 10 paid holidays and paid days off between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays; paid parental leave; educational expenses reimbursements; flexible spending accounts; professional development; a 401(k) plan with a 4% match; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance. We also offer an inclusive environment where we welcome you to bring your whole self to work every day.
The salary range for this position is $97,200-$145,800. New staff members typically start between the range minimum and midpoint based on qualifications, experience, and internal equity. In order to uphold our commitment to equity, ANet does not negotiate pay.
HOW TO APPLY
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your application online.
ANet has implemented a Mandatory Vaccination Policy, which requires all staff to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or obtain an approval for exemption due to medical or religious reasons prior to commencement of employment unless applicable state or local law provides otherwise.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.