At Picnic, we’re revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you’re a passionate tech-savvy Product Manager, we’re offering you the opportunity to join one of our diverse teams at our Amsterdam HQ and make a real difference in our scale-up environment.
In a nutshell
We’re looking for passionate Product Managers across our internal- and consumer-focused tech products. Because we build most of our software in-house, you’ll have full control over design, development, and analytics. Through your vision and roadmap as a Product Manager, you’ll make a real impact and help shape the future of Picnic at this exciting stage!
Upon joining Picnic, we’ll recommend the team we feel you’ll be a particularly good fit for, and will connect you with your future colleagues for coffee chats even before you start.
Get in contact: we’re looking for passionate Product Managers, so if you’re interested in finding more about our projects, teams, tech products and future plans, please feel free to get in touch with some of our colleagues: Jelmer Borst, Jelten Beekhuis, Maxim Oei!
What you’ll do
- Take ownership of your team’s products, including vision, ideation, development, launch, growth, and maintenance
- Conduct user research and analysis to gain a deep understanding of the needs and wants of our customers and/or employees, and identify areas of improvement
- Define and maintain the product roadmap in alignment with business stakeholders and our other product teams
- Build and support a highly effective team in a rapidly growing organization, together with your technical counterpart
- Foster an environment in which your team can excel
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a product owner/leading position within a product-led organization
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Mathematics, Engineering, or Industrial Design
- Deeply passionate about shipping great products with great user experiences
- Solid interpersonal and collaborative skills to interact with different stakeholders
- EU citizenship or valid visa to work in EU
Do you want to hear more about us before deciding to apply? Join us for a Hybrid MeetUp Event on June 9th in-person at our HQ office Amsterdam or remote via Zoom. Ask our Analysts, Product Owners and Tech Leads anything that you’d like and listen in about our Picnic Edge Platform or how we’re Turning Shadow IT Into Sunshine IT!
Registration link and more details here.
Every expert was once a beginner!
You’ll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including the Picnic Tech Academy, Lunch & Learn sessions, and tailored soft skills training. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
You’ll work in an awesome startup environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact.
Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you’ll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you’ll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You are what you eat
You’ll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches and snacks (with plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and halal options). Coffee snob? Don’t worry, our amazing Picnic barista has you covered.
Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials.
There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
We offer competitive compensation and a pension plan that looks out for your future self as well as 25 vacation days per year, so you can recharge your batteries.
Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model. Our teams generally like to have at least one team day per week at the office (the tasty lunch and Barista-made coffee may be a factor), but besides that, it’s up to you and your team.
Benefits for ex-pats
It can be daunting starting a new job AND moving to a new country. That’s why we offer lots of support for our many ex-pat colleagues, including:
- Relocation package: If you join Picnic from abroad, we’ll cover your trip to Amsterdam, sponsor your Visa, and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in (as long as regulations allow)
- In the Netherlands, we offer support with your first tax report as well as arranging the 30% ruling
- From health insurance to living arrangements to pet passports, there are always colleagues who’ve faced the same challenges and are more than happy to help!
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer—this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.