Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building the next generation of Behavior Analytics software for product teams. We’re making it easy for them to transform insights of user behavior into business outcomes by putting people at the center of every product.
Reporting into one of our Group Product Managers, we are looking for a creative and collaborative Product Manager to completely transform our products as they lead and accomplish towards a future-focused product strategy. This role will benefit from someone who keeps a pulse on modern consumer and B2B products. We are looking for people with bold ideas and getting-things-done mentality to help us bring the outstanding experience our users deserve.
You’ll join our Engage and Retain tribe, either working on an essential part of our core product or developing and implementing the strategy for a new product area.
As a Product Manager at Hotjar, you will:
- Work with Hotjar’s product leadership team to help plan and accomplish a bold strategy to completely level-up the experience of our product.
- Develop an understanding of how our users’ goals and expectations differ from what our products support today, and help us bridge that gap with both high-quality and high speed.
- Form part of the Product and Engineering team by collaborating with Product Designers, Product Marketers and Engineers – from discovery to delivery, onto monitoring after release.
- Partner with our Sales, Success and Support teams to identify common user issues and pain points can be resolved through a more intuitive end-to-end product experience.
- Prioritize a healthy portfolio of hypothesis and product changes that can guide our HEART metrics (Happiness, Engagement, Adoption, Retention and Task Success).
- Set meaningful, measurable goals to help your squad achieve important milestones that help us accomplish our product vision.
- Feel empowered to make decisions, based on quantitative and qualitative data, following our product principles and company values.
- Performed at least half of the tasks above in a previous role.
- 2+ years of Product Management experience in customer facing products and/or within a SaaS environment.
- Previous experience working on core products with a focus on engagement and retention of users.
- A user-centric approach to product management.
- A proven track record for building and testing delightful user experiences at scale.
- A desire to bring a revolution to our product portfolio.
- A mindset that thinks big and starts small.
- A desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- And are happy to submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party partner.
The compensation range for this role is either €60,000 to €80,000 for Mid-level, or €75,000 to €100,000 for Senior annually, where the average offer will fall in the range of €65,000 to €70,000 for Mid-level and €80,000 to €85,000 for Senior. Our ranges are established after performing market research but the specific compensation amount of the offer will be determined based on relative experience, skills, and equity across the team. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks valued at more than €10,000 a year, plus stock options and 40 days of annual leave. These have been chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product, and our company, better.