As a Product Manager you will:
- Lead a product team to drive the evolution of a product/product area within Sonatype’s product portfolio to serve customer needs and achieve Sonatype’s business objectives.
- Evangelize the product vision, within and outside Sonatype, and shape the product strategy with others in the Product Management organization.
- Lead product discovery: Identifying market/customer problems and pain points; rapidly proposing, validating and de-risking solution ideas in as lean and cost-effective way possible, in close collaboration with the team UX Designer and Technical Lead, and with Product Marketing and other stakeholders, as necessary.
- Proactively talk to customers and users to understand their perspective, needs, and problems.
- Develop and analyze metrics to understand customer behavior, user behavior, market dynamics, and product performance to make informed strategic product decisions.
- Manage an objectives-based roadmap which supports Sonatype’s broader objectives, and align the product team and key stakeholders behind them.
- Measure success against objectives and business outcomes, not feature delivery.
- Communicate information broadly. Support product delivery in close collaboration with the engineering team and other stakeholders, as necessary.
- Contribute and support our culture of continuous improvement, participating in team retrospectives, providing feedback to other functional members, listening to feedback, etc.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about solving complex business, usability, and customer problems.
- Focus on delivering value and business outcomes.
- Knowledgeable about modern Product Management philosophy and methods; experienced in shipping winning products.
- Effective at synthesizing information from multiple sources and consolidating them into clear priority to align team(s).An excellent communicator, capable of speaking with customers, executives, and groups across the organization.
- An effective team player and capable of driving the objectives and priorities of one or more Agile teams.
Qualities you possess:
- Have 5+ years of experience working within a product development organization and 3+ years leading a product with a team of 5 or more developers working on a software product portfolio
- Experience in an Agile development environment using lean practices
Not required but nice to have:
- Experience working with a fully remote product development organization
- Experience working as part of a high-growth software product company
- Up-to-date understanding of market trends and best practices in the software development tooling vertical and keen interest in following emerging technologies.
- Experience working on a B2B enterprise productDevOps and/or InfoSec experience
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.9
- Come see why we’ve won all of these awards