We’re building the new standard developer platform. Top tech companies have invested $100Ms to build internal developer platforms for code search, code review, alerts, and automation. Sourcegraph provides this standard developer platform to every company, helping startups and large enterprises ship better software faster.
Our mission is to dramatically increase the number of people who can understand and write code. By making code more accessible, we will democratize software development and accelerate innovations that bring the future sooner in transportation, health care, energy, AI, communication, space travel, etc.
We value openness and transparency. Our handbook, our strategy, and our code are public. This transparency helps us rapidly gather feedback from our customers so we can iterate, learn, and deliver the best product.
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse remote-first team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
If you are passionate about making the world better through software, come join us!
About the role
You’ll work with engineering, sales, marketing, and design to plan, ship, and grow usage and engagement in specific areas of our product. As an early member of our product team, you’ll have significant product ownership and will communicate directly with our users to drive continuous improvement.
Developers love our product and rely on it daily to ship and deploy better software. Our passionate users provide a constant stream of thoughtful feedback and love engaging with us to help them and their teams solve their toughest problems.
- Own an area of the product, and drive and inform its product roadmap.
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to plan and build the solutions to customer problems.
- Gather customer feedback to validate priorities, improve documentation, and define product requirements.
- Be transparent in your internal and external communication. Sourcegraph is open source, so most discussions are public or in channels where you communicate directly with our customers.
- Be a passionate advocate for a delightful user experience.
This is a very technical role and requires software engineering experience to effectively communicate with engineers and make educated decisions affecting product scope and performance at scale.
As a result, we expect:
- Experience working as a software engineer.
- Strong understanding of Git and Git workflows.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, technical writing ability, and use of data to back up your arguments.
- Ability to stay focused on goals and strategically prioritize work.
- Deep passion for developer tools and productivity enhancements.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to drive and influence product strategy across engineering, design, and distribution.
- Previous product management experience on a software development or developer tools product.
- Experience building and/or contributing to developer tools.
- Experience working remotely with globally distributed teams.
We are an all-remote company and globally distributed team focused on results and employee happiness, so wherever you choose to work is up to you. We don’t require you to be in any particular timezone or location.
Compensation and benefits
- You apply here.
- We set up a 30 minute call to chat with you about Sourcegraph to find out what you are looking for in your next role.
- We give you a small case study project to see how you would approach product management at Sourcegraph.
- We schedule 4 hours of remote interviews over video chat across multiple days.
- We check your references.
- We make you a job offer.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.