Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people ironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. Tucows’ mobile services enabler platform provides network access, provisioning, and billing services for mobile virtual network operators.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
Tucows is hiring a Digital Product Manager who is passionate about SaaS, digital platforms, developer experience hubs/portals and APIs. We are looking for a product leader who deeply understands B2B software marketing and can apply that knowledge to build a digital experience that makes developer tools and components accessible and easy to use. In this role, you will:
- Act as the product owner for the developer portal/hub with primary focus on API Management within the Shared Services business unit.
- Lead the end to end product development lifecycle- from initiation, conception, design, implementation to launch; drive initiatives to align with OKRs.
- Develop clear requirements, user journeys and UI wireframes to enable UX designers and fabric engineers.
- Continuous collaboration with design and engineering teams to create the best developer experience portal that addresses needs, solve problems, and highlights opportunities.
- Conducting competitive analysis of various open source technologies for development of the platform
- Improve and expand your skills driven by an unbridled desire to learn about new technologies and processes.
- Identify product opportunities and prioritize accordingly
A bit about you:
- 5+ years of experience in product management in a technical environment/Software development organisations.
- Background in Computer Science, Business, IT, or related field.
- Comfortable working with APIs. This includes researching third party APIs and capabilities, mapping out plans for integration or evaluation of different technology options in close collaboration with the engineering teams.
- Experience delivering projects using open source technologies (Backstage.io is an asset)
- An excellent understanding of digital technologies & platforms and their integral role in today’s products.
- Ability to write detailed requirements with an expected outcome
- Methods and tools for enabling a strong technical culture of continuous integration and development, developer documentation, and organic transparency and communication.
- Active listener who has a knack for knowing when to proactively share and offer context.
- Skilled at operating in a relatively flat, cross-functional organization, full of collaboration with many different fields.
- Must be a self-starter, a team player, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- You care deeply about delivering on our brand promise and are excited to immerse yourself in our culture:https://www.tucows.com/about-us/
- Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here