RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means.
We’re a fast-growing company with the goal of making a lasting and meaningful contribution to the world. Our mission is to provide the most widely used open-source software and enterprise-ready professional products for statistical data analysis, package management, and sharing of data products at scale. Our tools further the cause of equipping everyone, regardless of economic means, to participate in a global economy that increasingly rewards data literacy.
RStudio is seeking an experienced Product Manager to manage our MLOps product and service offerings. RStudio provides development environments for R and Python, professional solutions for publishing, sharing and deployments of applications, markdown reports, notebooks, models, and APIs.
The Product Manager MLOps will be responsible for all aspects of a product line management function at RStudio, reporting to the Head of Product. Product Managers at RStudio are working closely with the product development teams and customer-facing teams to encourage cross-team knowledge, customer, and domain sharing.
This role requires a technical product manager with expertise in deploying, monitoring, and managing machine learning models at scale. This role could also fit product-minded DevOps/ML Engineers with a background in model lifecycle management and deployment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Establish and define the product vision, value propositions, and product strategy for RStudio’s MLOps offerings.
- Gather inputs and insights from market and business environments, existing and potential customers, internal stakeholders, competitors and our partner network.
- Identify target customers and user types.
- Work with stakeholders on business objectives and define responsible and meaningful outcome-driven roadmaps that are more than just a list of features and dates.
- Establish product metrics to track product performance, health, and progress against the strategy.
- Leverage user stories and user journey maps to unpackage customer needs into actionable themes and tasks.
- Understand and define infrastructure solutions and detailed feature-level deliverables for each development stage of the product.
- Prioritize feature development leveraging clearly defined criteria like desirability, feasibility and viability.
- Communicate key product development stages with stakeholders.
- Work closely with product marketing, marketing, solutions engineering, sales and other teams to successfully bring the product to market.
- 5+ years of experience and a demonstrated track record in technical product management for data/ml products and/or infrastructure/ml engineering.
- Deep understanding of development, testing, deploying, monitoring, and operationalizing machine learning models.
- Understanding of ci/cd pipelines for large-scale production deployments.
- Knowledge of data/model lifecycle management and data/model governance.
- Knowledge of Python, YAML, and task automation tools like PowerShell.
- Experience with DevOps tools like GitHub, Ansible and/or Jenkins and container technologies like Docker.
- Experience with cluster orchestration tools like Kubernetes.
- Certifications on AWS, Azure, and/or GCP are desirable.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- a home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- a profit-sharing system
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy